Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Does it get worse before it gets better?  (Read 844 times)

Tc

Does it get worse before it gets better?
« on: February 12, 2019, 01:09:46 PM »

Hiya ladies.  4 weeks in with gel and utrogestan splitting 4 pumps 2x morning and night.
Hot flushes returned when I switched from patch and have stayed and
 bladder situation is worse than ever.

What's troubling is that I seem to be getting new symptoms which I assume are meno.related.
This morning I decided to go for a walk after deciding I need to help myself and be more active.
After 10 minutes my back and hips were killing me. I've never had this before 
I tried to push through it but I had to turn back and the journey back was so painful.
I have been getting joint pains and this is new

I've been trying to get up in the mornings and be active but I'm dog tired by 2 or 3  and feel like I have flu all of a sudden. Even my forehead burns up.

I don't sleep but I just feel exhausted  feel like my body is packing up on me..

Ive been on hrt for 5 months now I didn't expect to feel miles better after 4 weeks on the gel but I didn't expect to deteriorate and get new symptoms on the gel.

Does it get worse before it gets better? I hope so. I'm so deflated after having good intentions this week of pushing myself and not just sitting feeling sorry for myself.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:16:40 PM by Tc »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does it get worse before it gets better?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 01:21:30 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.
Over the counter pain relief may help.

Also, think how you sit on the sofa, at the table and at the computer - what foot wear do you use, if I had a quid for every bad fitting shoes I see women in.   ::)

It really is important to have good fitting shoes otherwise the whole spine will compensate = aches and pains from top to bottom.

Try not to walk too far if you haven't been active.  Better to walk, stand, enjoy the surroundings, head back.  Increasing each time.  I used to walk miles daily years ago  ::) ......

Have you had your VitD levels checked?  I had intense tiredness two Summers ago and bloods showed low levels.

Tc

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 02:39:06 PM »

Thanks clkd good advice. I haven't had d levels checked. Good idea.
I know aches and pains can happen as eastrogen drops but I was hoping my eadtrogen was heading in the other direction!
Hope you are wellx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 02:41:23 PM »

I think that rarely does the body get where it is in a hurry, therefore when we put hormone replacement therapy into the system, it be a while before there is any take-up.  Of course, we all want to be well yesterday  ;).

Little steps.