News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: UTI  (Read 3253 times)

Pmj 28

UTI
« on: February 09, 2019, 08:22:59 AM »

Hi ladies , had a uit in beginning of December had 3 days of antibiotics started to feel well then last week took a sample in had a water infection, Finished my tablets on Friday but don't feel any better rang doctor could not get to see some one ask the ladie on the phone to see if I could have more antibiotics, I rang them back she said i have to see a doctor or go to a walk in clinic.
 It feels uncomfortable after I been to the loo have a ache low left back and stomach all so pain down my left leg my boobs ache so not sure if it is something else due to start period end of this month so don't know if that's why I feel this way . Have lost all faith in my doctors.
Sorry for the rant .
Paula

Turkish delight

Re: UTI
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 09:10:42 AM »

Hia Paula, sorry to hear about your ordeal with gp, sadly it's not uncommon.

It's Saturday obv so doctors surgery is closed. I don't like the sound of" low left back" aching. I'm no expert but do know that a UTI left untreated can spread up into the kidney and then it's a much more weighty issue you'll have to deal with. If it were me I'd maybe give 111 a call and take there lead.

PS Was the urine cultured?

See what others say as well.

Dem
X
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:14:15 AM by Turkish delight »

JaneinPen

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 09:16:15 AM »

I don't want to frighten you Pmj28 but agree with TD. I would definitely get this checked. The back ache is concerning. When I was having repeated UTI's my doctor always asked if I had back ache

Pmj 28

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 09:21:43 AM »

Hi ladies sample was sent to the lad and they said it was fine just a water infection
Going to go to a walk in clinic see they can help
Thank you for the reply x

Turkish delight

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 09:35:15 AM »

Sounds like a plan, well done!

Most UTI's are found to be E-coli strain, but not all. When the urine is cultured the idea is that it's tested for at least a day to find out what strain it is, E-coli or other. And which antibiotic best attacks the strain on the Petri dish. If this isn't done then the antibiotic may be ineffective in killing your particular UTI bcz it's picked blind.

Dem
x

Pmj 28

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 10:01:57 AM »

Hi Dem, they gave me antibiotics before it went to the lad the did a dip stick test said had a water infection then it went  to the lad ,just thinking I was starting to feel ok and my self again. Last year was not good with different symptoms with been perimenopausal for 4 years had to change HRT took a while to find one that helped , anxiety got bad now going to counselling just get me down when I thought I was starting to feel well .
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:12:10 AM by Pmj 28 »

Shadyglade

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 10:12:21 AM »

This sort of infection is very draining, just like a nasty bout of flu.

Hopefully, once it's out of your system you will feel better both physically and mentally. Look after yourself, you are still recovering.

Pmj 28

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 10:35:43 AM »

Hi shadyglade yes I dont feel well would help if doctors gave you more help and tell you it might still feel unwell for a bit or to come back and have it checked again
Take care
Paula

Pmj 28

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 01:09:56 PM »

Just been to the walk in clinic I still have a water infection been given more antibiotics for 7 days this time fingers crossed they work x

Joaniepat

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 01:22:21 PM »

That's good. I've never found a three day course was enough and they always give me seven now. Do you know if it was E. coli? D Mannose is good for preventing further episodes, although no use if it was some other bug. Hope you start to feel better soon now you are on appropriate treatment.
JP x

Pmj 28

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 01:53:04 PM »

Hi jp , just told it a water infection been given macrobid 100mg capsules

Turkish delight

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 03:53:01 PM »

Glad you're on the road to recovering.

Out of interest, we're Macrobid the ones they gave you at the start on this UTI just a shorter course or different antibiotics altogether?

D

Pmj 28

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 04:39:17 PM »

Hi no they where called trimethoprim the first one they gave me.Hoping these ones work x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »

Why have the ABs been changed, is this in response to the growth on the urine sample?  Nothing is 'just'!! an infection needs correct anti-biotic therapy.

Do let us know how you get on.

suzysunday

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 07:09:07 PM »

You have my sympathy and had these problems myself. The gp's don't seem to give enough information about it all. These infections make you feel really ill and depressed. Hope you feel better soon.
Pages: [1] 2