Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Headache Vagifem?  (Read 5757 times)

Dierdre

Re: Headache Vagifem?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 09:35:51 PM »

I changed to decaf tea a few years ago and drink as many cups as a like now.

I think the constant urge to go is probably because of the weak bladder walls due to the loss of oestrogen, this also caused my prolapse. It took a while but after using vagifem for a year the prolapse improved to the point I no longer notice it and I don't feel like I need the loo every five minutes, or go at night now. After 4 years I still need to take it everyday for atrophy but thats due to sitting all day at work, I can reduce the amount when on holiday.

I also suffered a prolapse after my third baby, I was only 28 but sometimes breastfeeding can cause depletion of oestrogen and a few months after stopping breast feeding everything went back to normal.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 09:45:48 PM »

Oh my word suzysunday can so relate ......so peed off (no pun intended) i had a glass of wine with dinner tonight so will probably be worse tomorrow 😳 and i had a bath....laying on sofa with a hot water bottle as i write....just so miserable......dierdre i really hope it doesn't take a year of Vagifem to make an improvement I've only been on  it a month 😩.....xx

suzysunday

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 09:56:22 PM »

Had a few nights myself on the sofa with a hot water bottle. It's very comforting. Yes hope it's not a year for me also, though it's good to know there may be hope!  I don't want systemic hrt after the bleeding so desperate for the local to work. Are you only on vagifem?

Dierdre

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 10:03:02 PM »

I think it took so long as I was taking only 2 per week, once the dose was increased to 5 a week things improved very quickly. I also use Ovestin cream every night on the outside and around the entrance to the bladder. This combined treatment keeps things comfortable as well as using YES moisturiser.  Maybe you need to have the dosage increased and ask for the cream as well.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 08:34:27 AM »

Yep lazysunday just the vagifem also started wirh the yes moisturiser too.....don't want to take HRT as mum had breast cancer and so i am overly worried......as dierdre suggests maybe we both need the cream as well.......as i am only on a 2 per week maintenance dose don't think i could do more as the headaches are such a nuisance 😳 xx

Dierdre

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2019, 10:01:09 AM »

Mrs Bennet, did you have headaches when you were doing the 14 day everyday initial dose?

suzysunday

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2019, 10:49:32 AM »

It's the ovestin cream I have been using internally for about 3 or 4 months alternate nights. Had a couple of sessions using every night.  It is a problem if you are getting headaches, have you asked your gp?  Its all so worrying when you need to use something.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2019, 07:17:15 PM »

Yes dierdre i did have the headaches whilst on the loading dose.....perhaps some is getting through systemically at the moment 🙄.....just hoping i can preserve and get more used to it.....Lazysunday I'm seeing the doctor again in 2 weeks so will see what she says about another cream.....still awaiting culture results from urine sample i took in on Tuesday.....it's all such a nuisance xx

Dierdre

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2019, 09:17:35 PM »

I had a few side effects when l first started on Vagifem, sore breasts, cramps and feeling sick. Once the vaginal walls were rehydrated less oestrogen goes systemic and it settled. If you are still not feeling any benefits when you see the doctor I'd ask to perhaps increase the dose and ask for Ovestin for the outside.

suzysunday

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 09:45:33 PM »

I took 4 samples in last year and they were all negative. I was still given that awful nitrofurantin antib.  Hope it goes ok with your gp.  It's all very depressing. Like you mrs Bennett I don't want the systemic hrt, but I just want to feel ok. Maybe like dierdre, it's going to be a long haul.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 10:43:35 PM »

Dierdre and suzysunday thank you for your replys.....still no urine culture results 🙄.....really do just want to feel ok will plod on with the vagifem ya right think it is going to be a long haul 😔 xx
Pages: 1 [2]