Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Discharge from nipples  (Read 1801 times)

Burchers

Discharge from nipples
« on: February 08, 2019, 06:27:43 PM »

I hope I'm ok posting this. For the last few months I have noticed a cream coloured crust over my nipples.Then last night my nipple had like water come to the surface.
Could this be HRT related. Now I've got a throbbing drawing type feeling in my boobs and nipples. I was changed from Femseven Conti Patches to Evorel Conti last Thursday. I've not spoken to my mum or friends as don't want to worry them unnecessarily

jaypo

Re: Discharge from nipples
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 06:30:33 PM »

Can be milk ducts,not sure about hrt as it don't know anything about it I'm afraid but someone will be along soon I'm sure

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 06:44:05 PM »

Hi Burchers ,

any discharge from the breast or change in that department should be investigated by a GP. It may be nothing but I would advise making an appointment monday.

Peppermintyx

AgathaC

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 06:44:59 PM »

I don't know about HRT and whether it would/could cause this. But any breast changes, including nipple discharge, should be checked out just to be on the safe side xxx
P.S. of course you are okay posting this xxx
Lots of love xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 06:52:24 PM »

Any changes in the nipples should be checked.  When I was on The Pill I had a clear discharge which I associated with the hormones as it stopped when I changed the type of Pill.

Let us know!

Burchers

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 07:45:53 PM »

Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 07:47:39 PM »

Don't worry (haha,says me) it is probably nothing but best get it checked out for sure,let us all know how you get on

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 04:46:49 PM »

I would get it checked out on the basis that it is one of the signs they give you - you should be seen under the 2 week wait (if it still works ::) )

Having said that, I get this when I go onto the progestogen part of sequi hrt but I've always had a tiny bit of discharge ever since I stopped breast feeding.  I have been well mammogramed and ultrasounded and told it was probably hormonal.  My personal tip is to keep the area clean, wear a good comfortable bra that does not restrict in the cups and try some ibuprofen, while you wait for your appointment.