Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: patch sticking problem x  (Read 1128 times)

Countrygirl

patch sticking problem x
« on: January 19, 2019, 07:00:52 PM »

I apologise for the daft question😳 but I need peace of mind as patch fell off in less than an hour and I can't get patch to restick and I know it says if one drops off just put a new one on. I guess in my mind im wondering if you get some type of surge of it when first applying a new patch or is this just me over thinking it. Thank you for being here x

Dancing Queen

Re: patch sticking problem x
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 07:19:37 PM »

I had problems with my first 2. Then after reading advice on this forum I do this...warm patch in hand. Warm skin with hairdryer. Peel off plastic and press patch as hard as you can for a whole minute. I put mine on hip under knickers..they always last a week now. Good luck xx

fluffyfred

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 01:30:35 PM »

I have a little tip that might help your patches stick on better and stay on too. I struggled at the beginning too so tried a few things. Have a mug of boiling water, hold the patch in your hand and place against the hot mus for a minute, then place on skin. It seems to make it stickier and worked every time for me. Good luck, hope this will help. x

MayClaire

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 03:06:32 PM »

What brand of patch is it? I have Evorel and so far not had any problems. If anything it's too sticky as develops an outline of fluff from my clothing over a few days.

You shouldn't get a surge of hormones from a new patch as the absorption rate should be constant. Having said that, apparently placing patch over a 'fattier' area will reduce absorption and vice versa.

Also, I change mine before bed so the skin shouldn't have any creams or oils on it from bathing/showering and in my mind allows a good amount of time to settle on before I shower. I think we all overthink these things!!!!

Claire x