Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: What to expect on month 1 of bhrt? The good, bad and ugly if you please!?  (Read 1504 times)

Turkish delight

Week one down on Oestrogel, taking 1 pump every other day.

I'm in peri at 51yo and no periods for 5 months.

What should I expect as normal, and anything I should expect as not normal lol that's a double negative I'm sure!

So far I have a slippery v area, not too much, a normal amount. Though it wasn't dry before bhrt tbh.
Also my boobs feel much more dense as though they have been pumped up like a tyre. Again I had no major sagging issue despite being a 36dd they held up very well. Having not had kids could be credited.
Been sleeping better and not crying all day, these are the best effects I've had so far. No negs to speak of.

Which effects have you all noticed, good, bad, in the 1st month and indeed beyond?

Dem

Dotty

Re: What to expect on month 1 of bhrt? The good, bad and ugly if you please!?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 04:31:43 PM »

Hi I didn't see any improvements for 4-6 weeks on Oestrogel . I was very ill before I went onto Oestrogel . Try not to overthink things and just go with the flow. Xx

Turkish delight

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 05:11:43 PM »

Poor Dotty, I wish I'd been here to help you with kind words back when you needed it most.

Kisses

D

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 05:22:16 PM »

Thanks Turkish Delight. This forum was my saviour was I was so desperately ill! I never knew menopause could make you so poorly!

Now I'm doing very well and stay on this forum in the hope of helping other ladies xx

Tc

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 06:06:55 PM »

And you Are Dotty.x

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 01:38:51 PM »

Me too Dotty - jeez when its bad, its bad! and I wouldn't have been able to continue much longer if I hadn't managed to get it right. You look around you and think oh people in hospital are suffering from this, that and the other and the symptoms are awful, someone thinks their sick and is doing something - we are walking around with a list of horrendous symptoms and thoroughly sick to our bones (literally) with no sign of it ever going away and yet we are told its perfectly normal!  Meno is perfectly normal but some of us have the meno from hell and believe me if it happened to men, like it does some of us, there would be a list of treatments developed and readily available at the drop of a hat that were guaranteed to work every time.

I'm doing so much better now, thanks in part to the info on the forum and the things I learnt but I reckon if I hadnt found the forum,  would have still been going no where with so called health professionals who spout the limited amount they know and dont really think too hard.  I owe my life to this forum - meno very nearly took it from me.  Makes me mad - how do we let women suffer so long and so badly in this scientific age?

Turkish delight

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 03:56:09 PM »

Thanks guys,

It's great we all have each other to lean on if we're in a pickle, and give experience to help along the way.

Dem
x