Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Still learning  (Read 1217 times)

Countrygirl

Still learning
« on: February 08, 2019, 08:14:19 AM »

Am having a bit of a blip at the moment sweating like mad at nights and anxiety and emotions are all over the place the two seem to be linked as when I don't heat up at night my anxiety is not too bad the next day.

Any ideas if this is a dip or a peak in hormones, I have a merina and oestrogen 25  patch and am a month into hrt so is still early days x

Joaniepat

Re: Still learning
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 08:48:03 AM »

Am having a bit of a blip at the moment sweating like mad at nights and anxiety and emotions are all over the place the two seem to be linked as when I don't heat up at night my anxiety is not too bad the next day.

Any ideas if this is a dip or a peak in hormones, I have a merina and oestrogen 25  patch and am a month into hrt so is still early days x

I think it's a dip in oestrogen that causes the hot flushes. Disrupted sleep doesn't help with anything, especially anxiety and emotions! But as you say, it's early days yet, and a month isn't long. Hope you feel better soon.
JP x

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »

Hi CG,my hot flushes and night sweats are preceded by adrenaline surges.
I have a fan on full blast by my bed,I'm so used to them now,it's basically duvet off duvet on off on off on,practically do it in my sleep
Not on hrt so can't advise,sorry☹️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 01:01:22 PM »

:hug:  but not too tightly ;-)

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 02:29:17 PM »

Yep still early days - 1 month - just need to hang on in there! Countrygirl. If you had been really suffering before for a long time then maybe your body will take a little while to adjust.  Bad broken nights don't help anxiety. One kicks off the other and vice versa.