Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Spotting  (Read 1332 times)

Faulkb64

Spotting
« on: February 13, 2019, 12:22:26 PM »

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and hoping it will ease me through perimenopause. I had my last proper period in August 18 (with irregular periods for a year before that) and 2 days ago I had the lightest of spotting. It lasted 24 hours. Does this count as a period? Am I back to square one? I was hoping this was the start of the end! Thanks in advance for your experience and advice. Bev.

Dotty

Re: Spotting
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 12:28:29 PM »

Hi yes it probably does count as a period and you need to start counting again.  How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Faulkb64

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 10:15:18 PM »

Bummer! I'm 54. I'm not having an awful time. Just wondered if spotting counted. Thanks for the respond. :-)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 12:22:12 AM »

Hi Faulkb64. Yep you have to start the counting again. I got to nine months two e and had to start again each time. It's frustrating!

Taz  :welcomemm:

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 12:47:06 AM »

I got to eight months and then got another period.

Turkish delight

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 04:01:15 PM »

Stupid question guys but what are you counting and what is square 1?

d

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 04:09:17 PM »

Counting how many days since last period.  If you have a period within 12 months then you have to start the count again and so you go back to "square one."  Square one means you start again from zero.  Once you have gone 12 moths without a period and you are over 50 then you are post menopausal.  If you are under 50 then you have to go 2 years without a period before you can be classed as post menopausal. x

Turkish delight

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 05:42:51 PM »

Oh right...I knew that...not...tehe!

Do we get a prize or medal when we get there, otherwise the counting is just plain boring ;)

How will I know what's going on after starting hrt? I was counting every day for 5 months lol with no period, then started hrt so how can we tell oh wise ones?

D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:45:59 PM by Turkish delight »

Machair

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 10:01:59 PM »

How are you feeling otherwise, have you any PMT feelings either recently or in the last few weeks, or signs of hormonal activity like more mucus for example? This might give you a clue as to whether this is the rise and fall of hormones.