Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 5039 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Please Help
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 07:24:22 PM »

Hi.
Just wanted to say, I'm with the low oestrogen side of things.
I've been really low last week and the week before, and my eyes were sore.
I increased my hrt, and now they're fine again.
I'm not saying mine were as bad as yours , but there was a difference.
Also, lack of sleep, like you've got won't help either, maybe as well, that's why your anxiety is so bad, it seems to have come all at once for you, and I feel for you, I really do, but hang on in there, keep fighting, maybe book in with doc and get some more oestrogen. ?
Keep posting, let us know how your getting on......
We're here for you.......jd xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 07:31:02 PM »

Hi sorry, just read back....

Is there another doctor you could see at the practice?
Maybe it's time to change your hrt then....
1.5mg is only a low dose isn't it?
I still think you need more.....GPS  are always dishing out antidepressants, and it's your choice if you take them or not, but I'm still edging on the more oestrogen side....xx

loobylou01

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 09:23:12 PM »

hi Ladies,

yes it seems a case of same old, same old I'm afraid, she wasn't even prepared to discuss my HRT  :-\

Have just read some of the possible effects of the sertraline & one of the more common ones was tiredness & sleeplessness, & I've just spent time telling her how little sleep I was getting ! ?  Oh dear   :(

xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 09:49:31 PM »

GPs really need to be educated : maybe send a PM to Dr Currie asking for advice and telling her which GP is speaking rubbish?

Katymac

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 10:23:07 PM »

My GP told me my insomnia (brand new symptom never had before) probably wasn't the menopause

I slapped a patch on and slept 8 htrs that night rather than 3 in 2 halves!

Why don't they know more?

We are an aging population more & more women will be menopausal & if they want us to function until we are 67 and we get our pension they need to keep us healthy

& if we fail everyone we care for needs more paid for care

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 10:37:32 PM »

Because they simply have No Idea?  Many still 'wont' be told' by their patients so no one benefits  :-\

helenmelon

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2019, 10:40:05 PM »

FFS I can't believe some GP's I was offered antidepressants by one of my GP's even though I told her I was defo not depressed, it was something very different!!

I can't understand why some GP ‘s won't even discuss HRT surely it should be a holistic approach and so many of your symptoms suggest that your HRT needs an update,
It makes my blood boil (slightly easier with hot flushes)
I can't help thinking the whole problem for GPs is a cost issue as well as an education problem, you'd think at the moment with all the talk about menopause that the medical profession would feel the need to be clued up on this.

The amount of times I went to the doctors with a whole myriad of symptoms of all sort of things, we need a joined up system for women in the menopause, not for trusted professionals to just say they aren't going to discuss something so important!! I feel like chaining myself to some railings or something, it makes me sooooo mad 😡

Can you be referred to a menopause clinic, I went privately and it was the best £140 I've ever spent, I know it's not cheap but I had 45 mins with someone who listened to me and understood and then wrote to my GP with her suggestions as to meds' and then I got a prescription from there and it was a start.

Please don't be fobbed off, quality of life is so important and feeling like you have will have had a ripple effect on our relationships with husbands, children and friends and it makes us feel crap, I'm so annoyed on your behalf, because I've been there and so many other on here have the same story and it's not fair!!

Rant over 😀 Hugs to you xx

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 10:41:17 PM »

Also if patients across the board were given space to talk and the correct advice given, surely it would save the NHS £Ms each year rather than the patient needed to make repeated appts.  :-\

helenmelon

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 10:52:40 PM »

Absolutely CLKD i couldn't agree more, it's such a short sighted view giving patients 8 minutes and saying they're not discussing certain things. Surely if appointments were say 20 mins they could get to the bottom of the problem and treat accordingly and stop repeat appointments saving time in the long run!!

loobylou01

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2019, 09:32:16 AM »

Morning all,

Thanks for all of your posts, yes the system is wrong & despite all the information about the importance of good care in the menopause, GP's are still woefully uneducated I think.

I actually have seen someone privately about my HRT, I see her once a year or so, but whenever I have a problem, her stock response nearly always seems to be that 'it's nothing to do with the HRT' so I think I am starting to lose faith with her also !  I emailed her last week about my eyes etc, & she sent quite a short reply saying she didn't think it was related to HRT, yet my gut feeling is it might be !? 

I really don't know  xxx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2019, 09:36:19 AM »

We do  ;D - I would stop going to her.  It is known that as oestrogen levels drop the body may dry up: inside and out: as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Simples  :D  ;)

We knows you know ........ sprang to mind, ? ITMA ?  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2019, 10:03:17 AM »

Helen,I got the same,antidepressants, I KNEW I wasn't depressed,just didn't know what the hell was wrong with me,wasn't the dr that diagnosed my symptoms but this site,how bad is that(good for me)but thought,well,she's a dr,she must know best,so took pills for 3 days,felt even worse and they made me nauseous on top of everything else so I stopped them,she wasn't best pleased and told me there was nothing else she could give me,go against your dr's advice and they don't want to know,as it turned out,the symptoms left as quickly as the came,fluctuating hormones me thinks,so why are drs so quick to put you on antidepressants,is that the only solution they have?not good

Joaniepat

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2019, 10:09:01 AM »

We knows you know ........ sprang to mind, ? ITMA ?  :-\

Catch phrase of comedienne Hylda Baker "She knows, y'know!". Don't think she was in ITMA, not sure.
JP x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2019, 12:43:28 PM »

TNX Joaniepat - need to go GOOGLE  ;D

In 1955, after 40 years in the theatre business, she became an overnight star following an appearance on television's The Good Old Days: her act with her tall, silent friend Cynthia and the famous catch-phrase "She knows y'know" became a national favourite

Sorry  :-\ bit of a meander  :-X
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:46:51 PM by CLKD »

helenmelon

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2019, 07:12:05 PM »

Jaypo, yes, I think, woman crying, anxious and irrational and a lot of GPs just 🤔 yep antidepressants.
At least one of my GP's thought to ask about my irratic, heavy, light, sometimes absent periods and she said “I think you need some hormones” it was like the light that follows Morgan Freeman around when he's playing god 😂😂😂hallelujah!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3