Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 5036 times)

jaypo

Re: Please Help
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2019, 07:17:14 PM »

Yep,Helen that was me,told it was all normal and here's your pills,it doesn't help knowing it's normal though does it 😏 anyhoo onwards and upwards

Mav196

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2019, 08:58:05 AM »

Hi Loobylou
I can sympathize as I have extremely dry mouth and dry eyes.....my ANA was elevated but negative for Sjogrens, I had a lip biopsy done (which is the definitive test for sjogrens) which was negative and while I don't have sjogrens I do have dryness.  What drops did the GP recommend? I ask because my ophthalmologist explained that not all drops are created equal - most drops contain preservatives which cause the eye to become more dry and irritated.  I am able to manage my eyes using Hylo Forte drops (red bottle) and Visidic Gel (the individual ampoules, not the ointment).  Opthamologist told me to use Visidic 3 times per day and especially at night and to use the Hylo Forte drops as many times as needed during the day.  These can be bought in your pharmacy.  I suggest you go to another opthamologist, as you may need a steroid eye drop initially to kickstart the healing, I ended up at an emergency walk in eye clinic at the start of this, having had extremely red eyes for a month, they diagnosed episcleritis and they prescribed FML steroid drops, the redness was gone in a few days.  However the dryness continued so I went to an opthamologist and he told me about the drops to use, he also set me on the path of a rheumatologist but in the end I was negative for sjogrens.
Hope this helps
Mav

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 08:59:38 AM by Mav196 »

loobylou01

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 05:08:37 PM »

Hello Mav,
Thanks so much for your message, that is all very helpful. I did see a rheumatologist and he said no to Sjogrens, had bloods and they were negative for Sjogrens .v slightly raised ANA, he did mention the lip biospy but didn't think it was necessary as he really didn't think it was Sjogrens.
The opthalmologist said ? Blepharitis ? Gland dysfunction?  I am actually going back to see him tomorrow as my eyes are literally driving me crazy, and making me quite depressed.
As for drops, I literally have a box full, think I have the hylo forte, have mostly been using systane and viscotears.
Many thanks again xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]