Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 3 months on Oestrogel periods all the time with PMS  (Read 865 times)

EnglishRose

3 months on Oestrogel periods all the time with PMS
« on: February 07, 2019, 04:06:59 PM »

Hi ladies

I hope the regulars are well and healthy.

I've been better than I was 6 months ago when I was confused scared and anxious because of the symptoms I did not understand. Thank you for those who advised me and showed patience and empathy.

My question is ...

I've been on oestrogel 3 months and worked up to 4 pumps about 6 weeks ago.

I'm using 200mg Progesterone vaginally each night.

My periods are hitting me 1 to 2 weeks apart and with each one I'm having hot flushes anxiety depression broken sleep ...PMS basically but much much worse than I've had.

It was looking promising at first as had no period for 6 weeks but now I'm in a constant state of PMS almost..my boobs are huge and swollen at the end of one period in preparation for the next., I can't tell if my bleed is the end of one period or the start of the next anymore

I had my bloods taken yesterday to test Oestrogen to see if it's gone up since being on HRT.
It was <18 in May 2018

I truly want to go on the pill to hijack my ovaries but learned they won't likely prescribe because I'm 50.

I also have vaginal atrophy which was actually the reason I went on HRT

Any advice?

Thank you x

Tc

Re: 3 months on Oestrogel periods all the time with PMS
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 07:05:45 PM »

English rose. Sorry to hear you're suffering.
I hope someone will be along with advice soon.
I've only been on eastrogel and utrogestan for 3 weeks so don't feel I can comment but...
Regarding the pill and ovaries:
I am in surgical meno and from my own experience having  zero activity from my own ovaries has been a hindrance rather than a help.
Hope you get some helpful replies and wish you well.