Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste solo tablets  (Read 1842 times)

catlover68

Elleste solo tablets
« on: February 07, 2019, 01:35:51 AM »

Hi all I have been taking 1mg of elleste solo tablet for 3 weeks and I can no longer bear the side effects. Have mirena coil for progesterone. I'm getting awful headache,nausea,anxiety through the roof,dizziness and lightheaded all the time. A few times I've had to sit down as I've felt so ill. I've been back to the doctor who said need to give it longer and prescribed me a low dose propanol for the anxiety as I don't want to go down antidepressants route.

I have tried the patches but cannot get on with those either. My last resort is the gel which my doctor is happy to prescribe if I need. I'm at my wits end with all of this menopause malarkey,I used to be outgoing and happy but I'm now reduced to this tearful,unhappy person who just wants a normal life.

Has anyone else experienced this with the tablets and do I need to taper off them slowly?

Thanks

Dotty

Re: Elleste solo tablets
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 07:59:29 AM »

Hi did you suffer with these symptoms before starting the hrt or have they only started since starting the hrt?

Just trying to work out if they are side effects or menopause symptoms xx

Roseneath

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:44:50 AM »

I had similar with Elleste Duet. Terrible anxiety like I never had before or since. Felt poisoned on them.  GP advised to stop taking them. I was only on them for anxiety/insomnia in the first place.
Been told since my estrogen could be too high which causes the anxiety so the tabs were just overloading it more....who knows. GP's certainly don't seem to .  (NHS won't hormone test in Scotland anyway). Seems to be trail and error.I  just do CBT/Lifestyle/Diet stuff now . Have ups and downs but generally starting to feel slightly better most of the time (Been in Peri for 3 years approx).

catlover68

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 08:46:10 PM »

Hi Dotty

I did suffer with migraines, insomnia and slight anxiety before but nothing on this level. Whenever I take one about half an hour later I feel dizzy,lightheaded,headache and generally rubbish. I have started taking just half a tablet and I felt slightly better today though I know this is not ideal long term.

The gel is my last ditch attempt with hrt and I'm so hoping it will work.  I'm so fed up of feeling rubbish!

Roseneath I am going to up my exercise,eat a bit healthier if I can though the tiredness and fatigue takes its toll lol xx

WEIGHER

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 11:51:15 AM »

Hi ladies I have just started taking HRT Elleste duet tablets, i have been post menopausal for nearly nine years now and still suffer from hot flushes, mood swings and i'm unsure what else as I have been suffering for so long I have forgotten what "normal" is  ::) , does anyone else have any experience with this HRT good or bad please? I also have Rosacea which is prone to flare ups when I flush  ;D