Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifem update  (Read 911 times)

Mrs Bennet

Vagifem update
« on: February 07, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »

Hi ladies just an update on my ohoing urine infection and Vagifem journey.....have just returned from doctors it appears the urine infection has now cleared after my 7 day course of antibiotics 👍......however  still have this urge incontinance  thing.....she has advised i continue with twice weekly dose of Vagifem to see if it settles.....i seem to be getting headaches breast tenderness bloating which i told her....so will watch and wait again xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem update
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 02:30:36 PM »

Up the product for 3 nights then drop to what the GP suggests.  4 me I get niggling symptoms when I use the Ovestin after a break so take a Nuforen 3 times a day to ease symptoms.  It's really Trial and Error!

Glad that the infection has cleared. 

I've never had tenderness etc. with atrophy treatment as it's very localised and unlikely to affect the rest of the body.  Are you hydrated enough?

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 02:53:12 PM »

Thanks for that CLKD 😊......yep think I'm hydrated enough.....just all in the wrong places 🤣🤣 xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 02:56:34 PM »

Keep your sense of humour!

Did they give any idea as to where the 'bug' came from to cause the infection, i.e. back passage/bowel?  Toilet hygiene is important who ever designed bowel/vagina/urethra in one area needs their head putting down a loo and the flush pulling  >:(  :kick:

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 04:07:05 PM »

🤣.......mmmm so true CKLD ....my urine thingy all started after a bout of diarrhoea and i really am so fastidious so just goes to show what a silly design we are 😳.....will keep going with the vagifem for now and hope infection doesn't return 🤞.....and hope the sensitivity to it passes xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 06:07:41 PM »

I have probably said elsewhere that some are sensitive to the fillers and/or packing of products as well as some have niggling symptoms when we first begin the medication.

Do speak to your Practice Nurse to see if this 'bug' is from the bowel.