Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: What next ?  (Read 1068 times)

Rufus657

What next ?
« on: February 05, 2019, 07:46:10 AM »

Hi, I've been trying to sort myself out re menopausal systems. I'm 61 and had a late menopause
Low libido
Joint pain
Low mood

I've been given elleste and femseven conti. Elleste I felt ill and femseven bleeding every 10 days otherwise felt OK. I was pulled off femseven to investigate bleeding and found to have fibroids which don't need treatment. Also the patches kept coming off.

Next step ? I'm low and my libido has dropped like a stone. My energy levels also. I'm in a great relationship and need to feel more sexy again and HRT def helped with that. 61 seems so young to be closing the door on a great sex life.

What next ? I have been told of a nhs clinic in oxford ? I can't find any info. I can't afford private although I was given advice for testosterone gel for libido by a consultant I saw on nhs but my GP practice won't prescribe it
MY Gp seems to know nothing but wants to help me !!  I asked for bio identical HRT and she said no as again practice won't prescribe
So what next ? Any help would be appreciated. 😁

Dotty

Re: What next ?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 08:13:58 AM »

Oestrogel and Utrogestan are body identical hrt and nhs can prescribe them xx

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:27:07 AM »

Hi,

I found this wedsite very informative :  https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/menopause/topics/hrt. Mabe print off some info and give it to your GP. You can either go for a non bleed continuous option of a sequential monthly bleed. Sometimes it is just finding the correct progesterone. The treatment options at the top of the page give different types.

Peppermintyx

Callisto

Oestrogel Itrogestan availability on National Health
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 04:57:23 PM »

Hi there,
Back on this old chestnut… I am still paying for HRT bioodenticals privately and it's costing a lot of money including consultancy fees (Which I have to do once a year in order to renew my prescriptions). I am in Scotland. My GP wrote to my local authority, they said these hormones were not recognised, not on their list of available hormones. This was two years ago, have things changed does anyone know?

🐾C

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 11:15:50 PM »

What next ? I have been told of a nhs clinic in oxford ? I can't find any info.

You want The Women's Centre at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. It's NHS. You will need to be referred by your GP. I was treated there for a couple of years. They were very good but they would only prescribe testosterone to women going through an early menopause. They might have changed their policy now.

Taz x