Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Pain in both ovaries  (Read 2471 times)

Focus

Pain in both ovaries
« on: January 21, 2019, 10:02:08 PM »

Sorry for posting again...I know I'm being a total pain (and a drama queen).

I have quite strong pain in both ovaries this evening. It's a bit sharp, but I have a tiny bit of 'background' cramps as well.

I have no idea if this is tied to everything that's going on.

When I came off the pill (I think it was in 2013 or 2014), I remember feeling a dull pain in my ovaries at times, on the left more than the right. I guess it was me feeling my ovulation.

Fast forward to some time last summer (June or July 2017 at the latest), and I remember a searing pain in my left ovary one night. Like someone stabling a hot needle into me. I had to take  30/500 codeine to be able to dull the pain, it was that bad. And from what I remember it was round about then I got my period as well.

And now guess what? I've got a sharpish pain that's moved from just my left ovary to both this evening, along with PMT type cramps.

Is this linked to the whole perimenopause thing in some way?

Beaker

Re: Pain in both ovaries
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 11:39:01 AM »

Hi Focus, your description of ovary pain is very familiar to me.  I have polycystic ovary syndrome and have had ovary pain (mostly left) all my life.  The pain worsened when I hit menopause and I seem to get it every month on my left side, but these days it seems more of a dull throb, radiating around the lower left quadrant area.  I think it is quite likely to be linked to your perimenopause but if you are worried or if it persists - don't take my word for it - have a word with your GP.     

Focus

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 11:47:55 AM »

Thank you Beaker.

The doctor at the contraceptive clinic I was at yesterday has put me forward for an ultrasound scan for fibroids. I think that should come through in about 3 months.

They seem very good there, very open to taking into account my own needs. She has made a note that I've to have an ultrasound from outside only.

I shall ask about the POS then I think.

The pain isn't too bad at all at the moment. If it was like the sharp, stabbing pain I had back in June/July last year, but all the time, it would be different. I would find it much harder to deal with. As it is at the moment, I can live with it. The heaviness of my bleeding and clots are the worst things.

Can you feel it down your leg as well?

I'm trying to work out if they're linked, or if the pain down my leg is related to the sciatica I had in 2014 (really crippling, changed my life). I know that my lower back has been super stiff with the stress of everything the last 5 odd months, so it could well be that.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 12:52:21 PM »

I get regular pain in both ovaries as well. I get ovulation pains, I've felt some small, and one a bit larger, ovarian cyst bursts as well. I did not enjoy that burst. But I was thrilled to not have the horrid ovulation cramping at that time so I was thrilled honestly that all I had to deal with was that burst! I've had this kind of stuff my whole menstruating life it seems. I get a bit more pains around my period as well but then the full on cramping takes over.
Mine is mostly on my right side. Always has been. There's been times I have wondered if it was my appendix or ovary.

Focus

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 05:25:10 PM »

lol...yes. When I had the searing pain on my left side I remember thinking that if it had been on way right, I would have been sure it was my appendix. The pain was crazy strong.

Beaker

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 07:48:12 AM »

funny you should mention but I do sometimes get sciatic pain.  I don't associate this with the ovary pain at all though.  for me I think it's just the aches and pains of getting a bit more creaky as I get older.