Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bumping people!  (Read 2023 times)

Fairywoods

Bumping people!
« on: January 28, 2019, 01:00:52 PM »

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all the info shared on this site.  But I'm slightly challenged by technology!  If someone replies to my post, how do I reply to them?  Do I just put my response in the post and hope they see it?  Or is there a way to bump people so they know I have responded?

Thanks! (I'm confused by technology but so happy today because I feel so much better on the oestrogen only part of my hrt  :) )

Ladybt28

Re: Bumping people!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 01:08:11 PM »

Glad to hear your feeling better.

I'm not as good with the forum as others but you hit the reply button at the bottom of the post and then post your reply.  I always check every hour or 2 by clicking on the bit at the top which says "show new replies to my posts".  I think if you use the mobile app it notifies you when someone replies but I only use my desktop.

When you have done a certain amount of posts, you can Personal Message people directly if you want.
Sure one of our forum posting experts will be along soon!

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 01:27:09 PM »

You need to have clocked up 10 posts one any of the Menopause Discussion threads, in order to send PMs.

Most people check for un read posts, when they log on, so if they are following a thread, or your replies, they will catch them there.

Hope that's clear ::)

Oh, also if you want to know when some has replied to a thread click the 'notify' button.  Bottom, left next to the reply button.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:36:48 PM by Shadyglade »

Fairywoods

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »

Thank you both, that's great!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 01:44:10 PM »

Sometimes though 'show unread posts since last visit' doesn't always show me so I have to scroll down.

Regular visitors will follow the threads which are of interest.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 07:03:26 PM »

Hi there

I don't get notifications about anything - not even what I want to get ( ie e-mail notifications of pm's). I wouldn't want notifications of anything else otherwsie my inbox would be clogged and nor do I look at show unread posts since last visit otherwise I would be chained to the forum (not sure how you manage CLKD?!!!). I wouldn't ever recommended doing that as there are so many members and so many posts it would take all day!!! I just look in when I can, have a look at and respond to what grabs me, and if I run out of time well that's it. If I start a thread asking for advice or giving info I would check back in over the next couple of days or so and thank people or respond. If I've responded to someone else and then they ask me a question I may or may not see it!

That's it - you just post a reply and hope they see it - or as the others have said ask for notifications (but I've never done this....). They may look at unread posts but I can't remember which threads I've replied to anyway if I reply to quite a few.

If you don't do many posts then it's quite easy!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 07:06:36 PM »

It takes as long as 1 wants it to.  One can also go to Profile to see where you have responded. 

Fairywoods

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 01:06:54 PM »

Thank you CLKD and Hurdity for your helpful replies - good to know I didn't miss something obvious on how the forum works! Thanks  :)