Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel and tummy problems  (Read 1016 times)

purplebee

Evorel and tummy problems
« on: February 03, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »

Sorry to bother you Ladies again.. I started Evorel conti 50 on the 12th Jan. I cut the patches in half to see if I could manage on a lower dose.  (I was on Femoston 1/5 for 10 months but kept spotting) My hot flushes returned after a couple of weeks so I cut a little less off my patch to see if that would help with flushing. I'm not sure if a bout of indigestion/IBS is a coincidence? I feel very tired and am not sleeping well. I'm prepared to keep going as I know it's early days.Maybe I should have just kept the patch cut in half and not messed with it? I'm in a quandary now and not sure what to do.(I'm in my late 60's)

Hurdity

Re: Evorel and tummy problems
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 07:29:57 PM »

Nausea and diarrhoea are listed as side effects of Evorel conti so it is possible, but also may be a coincidence? It's good to increase (oestrogen) gradually as you are doing so perhaps keep on with this just over half a patch and see how it goes. Progestogens can have a sedative effect so this could account for your increased tiredness when you increased the patch. It may be that your body needs time to adjust? The oestrogen level is right when your flushes are eliminated but the progestogen also needs to suit you. I would keep on with it if possible - 3 months is usually the time suggested to try out a new HRT type to see if it works.

Good luck and let us know how you get on - and I hope you feel less tired soon!

Hurrdity x

purplebee

Re: Evorel and tummy problems
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 08:42:02 PM »

Thank you Hurdity. I had a bad upper abdominal pain and bad headache this afternoon and feel very unwell. As a precaution I have removed the patch and when my body has calmed down I'll give it another shot and see what happens. Thank you so much for your advice.