Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Quick question re halfing patches  (Read 740 times)

pricey

Quick question re halfing patches
« on: January 30, 2019, 09:23:16 PM »

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if a half Evorel Sequi 50 patch is the equivalent of Elleste Duet 1mg?

Also. On Evorel 50 I have felt very bloated and my normal cycle has been overriding the patch so I have bled at the wrong time of the month, or twice a month. However I felt the patch, after Femoston 1/10 And before that Elleste Duet 1mg, was too strong. I have cut down to half. I was spotting anyway.  Could too high a dose have been causing my symptoms or do I have this all wrong. No flushes as yet since reducing over a week ago.

Thanks in advance.

Hurdity

Re: Quick question re halfing patches
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:11:14 PM »

Generally speaking - on average - 25 mcg patch is a low dose as are 1 mg tablets but it's difficult to say for you individually as it depends how much you absorb from patches and tablets.

If you are peri-menopausal then you can easily get out of sync with your cycle and the HRT. Some women also find that they experience more side effects when on the progestogen (combi) part of the HRT - and especially with some of the synthetic types eg that are found in Elleste and Evorel (norethisterone).

Hope you continue to feel well on your regime.

Hurdity x