Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Useless today  (Read 1812 times)

OddPomme

• First Flush
Useless today
« on: February 12, 2019, 04:14:02 PM »

Oh my, I hope this is due to peri.  I woke up this morning irrationally angry and grumpy, no idea why.  My mood has not improved as the day has gone on.  I have spent all day at work trying desperately to concentrate on something, anything, but I seem unable to focus on anything for more than a few minutes.  I have so many half started pieces of work on my desktop that I don't know whether I am coming or going.  My lovely colleagues are all working their socks off but I feel like I am just sitting staring into space. 

AND (while I am having a bit of an offloading rant) - what's this with aching legs/ muscles generally.  I am quite fit and active but I got on my bike this morning and I felt like a really old woman.  I've been like this for a couple of weeks now.  No energy, no get up and go, just tired, tired, tired.  The cycle home (mostly uphill) is going to be a proper chore. I don't like all this.  I want the young, energetic, focused me back!

My poor husband - maybe I should warn him to go out for the evening!!!

jaypo

Re: Useless today
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 04:49:32 PM »

Hi there,oh how we would all like the young energetic old selves back,ain't going to happen unfortunately, I always try to concentrate on the positive things in my life,which,I'm fortunate to say there are plenty,yes I'm grumpy at times but I'm also still fun at times and it is what it is.my poor husband now knows when I'm in my not so fun mood😆 and steers clear.itsgood you're keeping active though and even though you're not looking forward to it,well done you for cycling home. I used to love running but unfortunately had to give it up when I needed an op on my foot and that's when things got worse for me,so do try to keep active.difficult right now I know.
Xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 06:03:02 PM »

Sounds like it is due to peri OddPomme if you don't normally have days like this but they have started cropping up and staying so as you notice them!!  It's really not fun but it is normal and common for those of us who suffer. The aching muscles thing is due to lowering of oestrogen and joints drying out.  As the oestrogen lowers the muscles get lax so aches and pains are common, so is lack of energy (just in case you were thinking - no you haven't developed some terrible medical condition!)

You are menopausal!  Come and join our happy band - you are most welcome.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 06:41:54 PM »

Hi Oddpomme.
Yep, unfortunately it sounds like peri.
Most of us feel like you do, I still do some days, and I'm post meno!
Keep pushing yourself cycling, as much as you can, like everything you'll notice ups n downs.
Well done for that, I don't think I'd be able to get my leg OVER a bike now , let alone ride one! Lol......
Good luck, keep us informed,,,,,,,,xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 07:00:59 PM »

OK!  we all thought that menopause was the stopping of periods and perhaps the odd hot flush.  WRONG  >:(  ::)

Browse round.  Make notes.  As oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  I remember those aches and pains during my menstruating years too. 

Also do check your VitD levels.  When my levels were low I would do 20mins. weeding then have to sit still for 2 hours  :-\ I began to think that I had something seriously wrong  :o but capsules raised my levels. PHEW!

Do you keep lists?  Ticking off shows you what you have achieved at the end of the day.

OddPomme

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 09:27:00 AM »

Thanks all,

I am feeling much better today, more focused and generally a lot less grumpy!  It's reassuring to know that the aching legs and muscles generally is a normal thing.  I guess I just have to be kind to myself and accept that some days I will cycle more slowly than others!

Hang on in there ladies, we CAN cope with all this rubbish that our bodies are throwing at us  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 10:05:05 AM »

We have a funny room too and do print off 'hints for husbands' or what ever it's title is and hand over  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 01:25:13 PM »

Glad you're a little happier today 😊 good days and bad,we all get them,bad days are a pain,so enjoy the good ones when they come along