Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ovestin , VA and uti symptoms  (Read 6267 times)

suzysunday

Ovestin , VA and uti symptoms
« on: January 27, 2019, 01:33:57 PM »

I have posted on here about a recent health scare and biopsy which I found higher stressful,  though thankfully given the all clear.  I have VA and came off tibolone while the hospital did their stuff. I was off all hrt for 3 months,  during which I got cystisis which cleared but left me with lingering on and off uti symptoms.  The cystisis was mid September.   For the last 3 months I have been using ovestin for the VA and there is some improvement but  I still have days when my bladder doesn't  feel right.  I have used ovestin nightly for 5 weeks.  I will have a couple of days feeling OK then the wee feelings start again.  I am so fed up. I am not sleeping great, I am rearly anxious and just want to be well.  I really don't want to go back on systemic hrt cos of the bleeding I had before, I am  frightened.   The wee feelings are not terrible but I never seem to feel OK down there, sometimes it's like  a loose feeling,  weeing then needing another.  I know it is the VA. How long could it take for the ovestin to improve things?  Also,  someone else mentioned this but I can't  find it, feeling like I need  a poo when I get these wee feelings,  though I am not constipated.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovestin , VA and uti symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »

Have you tried, as suggested, pain relief?  When my bladder is irritated I take a Nurofen tablet to ease symptoms.

The whole area is so close together I would kick the person who designed women  :angryfire:.  When my atrophy starts up I feel like my bowel is full and the constant need to pass a stool persists until the Nurofen kicks in.  I do have slow transit but this is more persistent.

Sometimes I put a dose of Ovestin up there in the afternoon if I am particularly uncomfortable then at night.  It really can be Trial and Error.

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »

Yes I use pain killers. The bladder and bowel feelings are so uncomfortable. I hope the ovestin eventually reduces it considerably.  Glad I not the only one to get those bowel feelings.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 03:20:40 PM »

There are a lot of nerves in that area.  Bad design  >:(.  Certainly when my bowel feels full my bladder is more irritated.

Try a measure of Ovestin during the afternoon 2 see whether it helps. 

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »

Thanks. It's really gets you down, makes me feel like not going out and not doing anything. Not had a week without it for months.

kimmyi

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »

Hi Suzysunday,

I have problems too with VA and it has definitely affected by bottom area too, the symptoms you describe i can really understand where your coming from.

I haven't really felt quite right down below since Oct 1016,

I have good and bad days, I take Timbelone and vagifem and on Propranolol for anxiety which started when all these funny old symptoms appeared literally out of the blue; ok one day next day not 😢

I hope and pray that things will improve for you...the things us poor ladies have to cope with is quite crazy...I hadnt even heard of VA up until this all started, I really did think I'm going to have to spend my life in the loo loo 😯

All the best Suzysunday x

kimmyi

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 04:26:54 PM »

Oops sorry I meant 2016 and not 1016 😂

suzysunday

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »

Glad it was not 1016, but 2016 is a long time! Poor you. I wad on tibolone and felt ok on it but it caused bleeding and thickening so I daren't go back on.  Like you I hadn't heard of VA until diagnosed.  Just hope for more good days than bad.

kimmyi

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »

Yes it does seem like a long time...but I think this symptom of the menopause is something you have to learn to manage.

I think sometimes that's what makes the anxiety for me spiral as I'm at times thinking is this VA ??

I had scans including a vaginal scan and nothing untoward was found.

I think vaginal athrophy is quite difficult at times to live with 😳

We can only live in hope and keep positive x

kimmyi

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »

Good days will come x

suzysunday

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 05:37:18 PM »

Yes my anxiety levels have gone through the roof these last 6 months and it's exhausting.  I did not have these wee feelings from VA before. Just the soreness. 

kimmyi

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 05:49:53 PM »

Mine started as needing the loo all the time like a pressure feeling on my bladder...felt like a uti coming on.

Have soreness now some days...wee feeling comes and goes...my bottom feels dry as well sometimes like there's something in it!!
Doctor said he thinks this is anxiety.

Just wished I was the girl I once felt like x

kimmyi

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 05:56:47 PM »

I used to love going out but not now, I force myself to go out now, and will not give in to it.

Things will get better and some people have so much more to deal with don't they 😳

Take care and have a nice wine, but just the one glass x

suzysunday

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 06:38:23 PM »

Yes they are all really horrible personal symptoms that I don't want to discuss with people except my partner, who is wonderful. I can't believe that such horrible things can go wrong with vaginas!  I am too scared to have sex in case it sets off worse symptoms.  Like you say, people have to contend with worse.  But it would be wonderful to feel ok again and not be so conscious of that part of your body!

kimmyi

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 06:49:34 PM »

I totally agree yes...these things are not easy to discuss.

I find things really hard to talk about that's why I'm just so pleased that I found this forum which is so comforting, also some of this stuff you just don't go around talking about.

Gps aren't always that easy to talk to even though no doubt they have seen it and heard it all, but these things are personnel to us aren't they.

Take care x
Pages: [1] 2 3 4