Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Coming off Utrogestan - What to Expect?  (Read 1020 times)

SueLW

Coming off Utrogestan - What to Expect?
« on: January 26, 2019, 03:47:10 PM »

I've given it 6.5 months.  At first I used 100 tablet every other night vaginally because I had experienced extreme symptoms a few years ago when I tried to take it orally for just 3 days!

The every other night thing felt good.  I felt relaxed and happy and thought things were good.  BUT I literally dripped blood all day and night.  It was awful.  I was told to increase to 100 every night.  That slowed the bleeding a bit, but still for the rest of the time until now I have had bleeding on most days.  It has begun to slow even more now in that I have had 4 and then 5 days in a row without bleeding recently.  But yesterday it started back harder and today I have a full-on period.  Lots of blood, terrible back and stomach ache and hurt all over.  I can barely stay awake.  I feel so miserable.  I have basically had a period and PMT for at least 4 months solid.

I am booked to have a Mirena coil fitted in just over 2 weeks.  I am going to stop taking Utrogestan now.  That will give me 2 weeks of Oestrogel on it's own.  I'm keen to see how that feels.

My question is; What should I expect to experience when I come off this medication?

Those of you who take it sequentially, how do you feel at the end our your course?

Thank you.  I've just had enough with the blood.  I can't keep my iron levels up because of it and that's affecting my thyroid results.

SueLW

Re: Coming off Utrogestan - What to Expect?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 01:50:22 AM »

I never get any really negative side effects, maybe the occasional mild headache. Takes about 72 hours to clear out of my system and each day I just feel better.  Best of luck with the Mirena.

Thank you!

That is what I was hoping to hear. 

I'm so over the bleeding.  I hope it doesn't go on too long after I stop it.

Pinkjan4288

Re: Coming off Utrogestan - What to Expect?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 08:22:05 PM »

I take 200mg at night for 14 days (Senquential) 
Feel great on it and sleep so much better.
The only difference I find on day 15 and 16 is I don't sleep as well.