Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: No bleed this month. Should I be concerned ?  (Read 694 times)

Rosie63

No bleed this month. Should I be concerned ?
« on: January 26, 2019, 08:25:14 AM »

Hi ladies.  Quick question please.  For the last 3 months I've been on Estradot 62.5 and 100mg Utrogestan on sequi basis.  First 2 months I used Utrogestan vaginally for 10 days and had a bleed.  Because Utrogestan was irritating m vagina I decided to try orally this month and managed to stick with it for 12 days.  However, I haven't had a bleed this month, just a bit of a dark discharge.  I'm assuming this is because the dosage of prog I've had this month is not enough ?? Should I be worried or should I just continue as I am and change back to taking prog. Vaginally this month or try 200mg for 10 days.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Rosie63 x

Hurdity

Re: No bleed this month. Should I be concerned ?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 06:14:51 PM »

Hi Rosie63 - usually if there is no bleed on sequi HRT when post-menopausal and on a low or medium oestrogen dose - it means the womb lining hasn't built up sufficiently. However in your case it is difficult to say if you took only the 100 mg dose orally - as this is half the licensed dose. When you changed to taking it orally you should really have doubled the dose to 200 mg daily and I suggest you do this next time as you suggest and see what sort of bleed you get?

What does your doc say - or is this a bit of DIY dosage?!

Hurdity x