Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Think I'm having a breakdown  (Read 3290 times)

Angel1964

Re: Think I'm having a breakdown
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 04:10:20 PM »

And if you feel terrible again call nhs direct. 111. They will send paramedics if they believe you need to see them. The nhs wouldn't have let you go if they thought you were in danger of keeling over!

At the hospital Tuesday i told them all my symptoms. It was the same doctor I see a while ago and she remembered me. She said it's all anxiety. They didn't do a heart test only BP and pulse, temp etc. She listened to heart and lungs. Pressed all over abdomen.  I also told them I had recently had an echocardiogram which showed heart ok and the aortic regurgitation. Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 05:42:35 PM »

Keep telling yourself: this is OK.  I have been checked.  It is OK.  Say it slowly and remember to breath correctly.  If you don't have someone to share with it makes it worse, I feel it most in the early hours when the whole World appears to be sleeping   :-\.

Let the medication do it's work.   :hug:

Tinkerbell

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 06:08:57 PM »

During a heart ECHO it is normal practice to check for an Abdominal aortic aneurysm at the same time.

Angel1964

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 06:13:43 PM »

During a heart ECHO it is normal practice to check for an Abdominal aortic aneurysm at the same time.

Don't they have to use scan lower down abdomen for aneurysms? He done around heart and up to left collarbone xx

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 06:19:06 PM »

You had a good examination.  When do you see your GP/Practice Nurse for a chat?  Might be worth you making an appt. if you feel worried next week.   :hug:

Tinkerbell

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 08:19:21 PM »

I have had several heart echos, I asked whether AAA was checked as I have had two uncles who had it and I was told it is always looked for in adults having a heart echo.

Angel1964

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 09:00:13 PM »

I have had several heart echos, I asked whether AAA was checked as I have had two uncles who had it and I was told it is always looked for in adults having a heart echo.

Thank you Tinkerbell xx

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 09:56:49 PM »

How do you relax in the evening?  4 me it's a deep bubble bath and a good book.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 04:09:40 PM »

Any news?  Did the friend you are staying with ease your worries at all?

Rosepetal73

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 09:20:27 PM »

Do think about some anti-depressants.  They can really help with anxiety, both my son and I suffer from OCD spectrum anxiety disorders and the treatment is anti-depressants.  Living in fear 24/7 is exhausting

Angel1964

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2019, 07:12:38 AM »

Hi Ladies was at friend's. But didn't feel any better so my brother travelled up to Lancashire by train and got me and I am now staying at his. I don't know whether that was the right thing to do but at least I'm with him. I am so believing now that this is blood pressure spikes why I feel so bad since Xmas Eve. I am taking the propanolol which I hope for now will help it until I speak to my GP on Monday. I am also on day 5 of the citalopram. And I also think this is why my veins dilate so much and my rectum feels pressure (veins again). I wake up sweating buckets and that's it for the day in peaks. I can't get to sleep now or stay asleep. Have had 2 hours last night.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2019, 01:06:53 PM »

You won't be aware of your blood pressure unless it drops suddenly.  This seems like anxiety.

Lovely to have a brother that will collect you ........... maybe both should sit and do some relaxation therapy together.  Or listen to soothing music.  Try not to focus on not sleeping, your mind is active and your body will probably follow, so doze when you can.  People sleep deeper than they realise when they are asleep.

Pages: 1 [2]