Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vaginal discharge/mucus  (Read 1073 times)

Jasmine_2015

Vaginal discharge/mucus
« on: January 24, 2019, 12:29:05 PM »

I started oestrogel about a week ago. I've only just moved on to two pumps today and am about to start Utrogestan (I wanted to see how the oestrogen affected me first before adding innthe progesterone).

I noticed I have quite a lot of slippery mucus like discharge when I go to the toilet (no blood). Is this normal please?! Apologies for this seems a really silly question, I'm guessing it's fine but just wanted to check because I also get a lot of ?pelvic pain and am quite uncomfortable the last few days with it but find it hard to distinguish between IBS/digestive issues!

Hurdity

Re: Vaginal discharge/mucus
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 05:09:43 PM »

Slippery mucus is generally a good sign - shows your oestrogen levels are increasing - I would be pleased  ::) . if the discharge has an offensive odour then it needs investigating as it could indicate an infection - especially if you are getting some pain? If you are peri-menopausal then maybe your own cycle is causing some of these symptoms? Otherwise - let it flow!!

Hurdity x

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 06:00:56 PM »

A slippery discharge with no odour sounds good, although a watery discharge could be a sign of vaginal atrophy and you would need some localised oestrogen treatment. If there is any odour, soreness or itching, that could be a sign of bacterial vaginosis, an imbalance in the vaginal flora indicating that the vaginal environment is too alkaline. Multigyn Actigel would sort that out. However, if there are no other symptoms, as Hurdity says, let it flow.

JP x

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »

Thanks both of you. I think it sounds like it's a good sign then. Mostly it doesn't smell
although one time I did think it smelt fishy but the next time it didn't so I shall monitor it but fingers crossed it's a good sign! I'm going to buy some actigel just incase to have by me!

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 04:49:56 PM »

Thanks StellaJane, I'm glad you have found a dose that suits you and balances out the pros and cons! I am hoping it doesn't get worse or stay as much because due to osteoporosis and my age I'm
unfortunately going to need a minimum of two pumps! 😕