Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does fat hinder absorption?  (Read 3975 times)

Fairywoods

Re: Does fat hinder absorption?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »

Thank you Ladybt28  :)

Sorry I've been asking you questions in two different places.  Also, do you know if it's normal to have very scant withdrawal bleeds?  Thanks so much for your help!

Tc

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 03:58:26 PM »

Hi fairy. I see lady has answered your question. I'm very new to Hrt myself and have just changed to Utrogestan and easteogel last week so I realy can't offer too much advice on that. Still struggling with it and asking questions myself

I know one thing though. I am going to switch to vaginally tonight after a bad week with side effects especially headaches from the utrogestan.

Good luck let us know how you get on taking it vaginally and I will let you know. How I find taking it that way too.

Ladybt28

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 04:29:12 PM »

Your withdrawal bleeds depend on how you had periods before Fairywoods. Mine were usually very heavy and now they last 4 days but are not so heavy no flooding but not considered light.  Your last one might have been scant because you dropped your utrogestan to 100 for the last 3 days and/or it might have been scant because there was not much womb lining to come away.   You need to get a fixed routine over a clear 3 months and keep a diary and a picture of what is actually happening will emerge.  I know 3 months is a long time but these things are sometimes not a quick fix

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 06:30:48 PM »

Thank you Sue. I will try vwhat you suggest  although  I'm still not sure about using it same time as the internal estriol. Maybe I will try inserting the pill first and then the estriol cream straight after. I've found I have to insert the cream at night or gravity does it's work!

May I ask when you were absorbing poorly had you been applying the gel to your arms or legs? And do you rub it into a small area or spread it out?

Did you start on 4 pumps. I was supposed to start on 2 increase to 3 but I went straight to 3 as my bloods showed low level where I had used the patch for 4 months and not absorbed.

I also think I might try to split the dose if my morning issues don't resolve after using the U vaginally. Do you find a benefit from splitting the dose?

The fat cell thing would make sense. I had thought the gel is absorbed into the bloodstream.

I hope you get a good result next time from your bloods. Do you feel it is making a difference rubbing it in well.

I'm not sure about using estriol at the same time as utrogestan either. What I do when I am on the prog part of my cycle is to insert the utro at night and then (using Vagifem) insert the Vagifem 12 hours later in the day. Graivty doesn't affect Vagifem as long as you keep still for a few moments after insertion because the tablet sticks to the vaginal walls. As  this is only twice a week (the Vagifem) then not too much of a problem.

When I have the bleed I then skip the Vagifem and switch to the 0.01% estriol cream which I smear over the tampon and get my vag oestrogen that way - also stops the tissues drying out which they seem to at my age and stage with tampons!

Also to clarify the estradiol is also absorbed into the bloodstream as well as stored in the skin as a reservoir to replenish oestrogen in the body (as long as you keep applying the gel!).

Hurdity x

Fairywoods

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 06:32:51 PM »

Thank you very much for replying Tc and Ladybt, it's so helpful to hear what others are experiencing.  Hope we all figure it out soon!  :)
Pages: 1 [2]