Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Is this normal to feel this way x  (Read 2190 times)

Countrygirl

Is this normal to feel this way x
« on: January 23, 2019, 07:15:27 AM »

It's me again and I'm sorry but I have lots of questions as I have no one to ask about hrt as I know no one else on it and I have no idea what's normal and google scares me 😔 x

I've been on it for a couple of weeks now, the anxiety and busy brain are not all the time now and the sleep is improving besides I'm now hot most nights but sleep through it with exhaustion, but I have a feeling of emptiness,  exhaustion and might sound daft but I can't cry, it's like I've run out of tears, but at least I no longer feel like I want my life to end as that was the reason I seeked help as it was not like me.

I suppose I'm hoping for reassurance from others that have been through this and that this is a normal phase and it's my body (and mind) getting used to the hormonal changes, thank you for baring with me x

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 07:33:29 AM by Countrygirl »

catlover68

Re: Is this normal to feel this way x
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 08:52:50 AM »

Hi country girl

I know exactly how you feel. I've been on hrt a week and although it has helped in some respects I'm also feeling the same as you and experiencing side effects.

Apparently it can take up to 3 months for your body to get used to it and if you can give it time. I'm determined to ride this out in the hope that I feel so much better than before I was on hrt. I was so desperate as it was affecting all aspects of my life.

Good luck and you will be fine.

Catlover68 x

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 08:54:51 AM »

Hi countrygirl,so sorry that you're going through all this but as I'm sure you know (deep down) it is all normal,I thought I was losing the plot a few months back,tried ad's but they weren't the answer & not for me,then one morning I woke up and thought,hey,I'm feeling ok today and eventually got back to my old self,well,not quite my old self but definitely happier.this menopause is an absolute horror to go through & especially as nobody tells you or warns you of what may hit you,you will get there 😊 xx

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 12:25:39 PM »

You are not alone Countrygirl, there are plenty of us who are where you are at the moment or have been there.
Yep it is perfectly normal but it is very early days for you.  Be patient, as said, it can take up to 3 months before you start to feel better, sometimes longer.  It has been 6 months for me!  I found that it wasn't a dramatic shift, the "feeling better" crept up on me. It was more like I woke up and got halfway through the day and then thought "oh I don't feel as rough as I did before".

Keep posting Countrygirl and let us know how you are doing and if you are feeling rough or something is bothering you there is always someone on to say something supportive or useful if you have a question.  Welcome to the (rather sweaty)!!! :party:

Rosepetal73

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 02:45:49 PM »

All sounds very familiar to me

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 02:50:35 PM »

How are you doing Rosepetal73?

Rosepetal73

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 03:00:38 PM »

Better today (and yesterday) thank you.  I read an article about reproductive depression by Prof. Studd and it could have been written about me!  I feel reassured that there are reasons why I've felt more challenged with my mental health than most (if not all) women I know.  The depression and anxiety is very uncomfortable at times but it doesn't scare me as much as it did when I had PND.  That was a truly awful dark time and I will never forget it
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:16:05 PM by Rosepetal73 »

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 03:35:35 PM »

Totally agree Rosepetal, Professor Studds research and other stuff ...that's how I worked out that that I had had hormonal problems since age 13, I had 2 bouts of PND  First it made me mad because I have struggled all my life, when I probably didn't need to  Now I just never want anyone to be in the same position EVER being handed AD's willy nilly when that is not the problem at all.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 07:22:30 PM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough still Countrygirl. As the others have said your body is still getting used to the HRT. However, how you feel depends to some extent on where you are in menopause and what preparation you are using - especially the progestogen, and also the oestrogen dose. If you are peri-menopausal and on cyclical HRT then your own hormones will be coming into play. If you are post-menopausal and taking progestogens the whole time then these can have an ongoing depressive effect leading to fatigue and sometimes generally feeling a bit flat (but not depressed) - perhaps counteracting the beneficial effects of the oestrogen.

What preparation are you on and whereabouts in menopause are you re cycles etc?

Also sometimes we find that although HRT eliminates some of the worst symptoms of flushes and sweats, you might never quite get back that oomph and real zest for life as when fertile, with hormones (your own oestrogen mainly!) whizzing about.

Hurdity x

Rosepetal73

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »

Could your persistent low mood be caused by the mirena?  I have read quite a few ladies have mood issues with it. 

I have had many issues with anxiety and depression for 30+ years but the lack of self-worth and confidence has only appeared this time and it really is quite profound; I think one of the most uncomfortable symptoms.

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »

Hi countrygirl

If you have just had the Mirena replaced then as Rosepetal73 says this could be partly the cause of your symptoms. Even though you  have had one for years - how many times have you had it replaced? They give out a higher amount of progestogen into the system initially so you may notice it in the first few weeks or months. Also, although I have never had one, some women have reported their tolerance to the progestogen in the Mirena changing over the years so that they become more sensitive nearer to menopause. This could be down to the loss of oestrogen. If the emptiness, anxiety and exhaustion have started recently - since your Mirena change then this is most likely the progestogen causing it. Oestrogen does not cause these symptoms - it is energising and uplifting - the feel- good hormone although apparently at extremely high doses can make some women jittery!

It is very difficult to say what your cycle is doing when you have a Mirena if you have not had bleeds, so difficult to tell if your oestrogen is getting lower.

Personally I would leave things as they are for a while as it is early days - see if you still have night sweats or flushes and if so after a few weeks then perhpas increase the dose of oestrogen slowly for a few weeks until you feel OK. 37.5 mcg is the next dose up if you are using Estradot.

Hurdity x