Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HELP PLEASE  (Read 818 times)

Charlie62

HELP PLEASE
« on: January 24, 2019, 10:06:13 AM »

Hi, I have posted here before but need some help again!!

I had decided along with my gp to lower my dose of hrt to see where im at (im 57 and do not know when my last menstrual cycle was as i had been on the pill until i was nearly 55)
I halved my patch last sunday, changed the half a patch yesterday but i have the most awful period like pain. I have had this since about 11 o'clock last night.
So my question is: could this be due to the decrease in hormones and I should apply a whole patch as half isn't enough or could it be a coincidence. I have had period like pain before on the odd occasion but nothing like this. It is so painful and kept me awake all night.
I called my GP this morning but the 2 doctors that deal with hormone related problems are not in until tomorrow so iv got to call back in the morning.
TIA ladies, I hope someone can help me with this  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 10:23:55 AM »

Take some pain relief.  Feet up.  Keep hydrated.  Warm hot water bottle.  HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Charlie62

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 11:04:33 AM »

Take some pain relief.  Feet up.  Keep hydrated.  Warm hot water bottle.  HORMONES  >:(  ::)
Hi CLKD

Is this normal then on a low dose of hrt?

I'm definitely going to be putting my feet up  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 11:08:51 AM »

I don't take HRT but maybe if you put the product name into the search box, it will throw up threads which might help?

Cuppa to hand?

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 02:15:21 PM »

I don't use patches Peacegirl but it sounds to me like the sudden drop in oestrogen has caused an inbalance against your progesterone levels and is causing the same effect as having really bad PMT, before a bleed.  You would get those kind of effects when reducing or coming off of hrt because the body has to adjust.  I'm pretty sure it is not coincidence it is a reaction to the drop in oestrogen levels.

I am 57 and I have been on hrt for 12 years and am not planning on stopping now.  I don't know when I actually got to post meno so a bit like you.  Was your hrt working ok Peacegirl and what was the thinking behind "trying to find out where you are.?"

Is your GP one of those who thinks you should give up hrt at a certain age?