Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Thank you. Reviews. VA book.  (Read 1254 times)

Maryjane

Thank you. Reviews. VA book.
« on: January 23, 2019, 07:42:27 PM »

A big thank you to those that have written reviews on amazon for my book. 💐 It now has 44 in 4 months which is pretty darn good, has found its way around the world & now Westminster who would have thought ?

Also so far no one has been mean just kindness.😊

Also for those that have read my book, my two dogs Bertie & Bonnie are mentioned a few times they are my therapy.

Bertie was PTS last week in my arms at home he was 15.8 years, we then took him for a private cremation & he is now home.  I am totally heart broken & distraught & had to dig very deep to go to Westminster yesterday, I am walking many miles a day with Bonnie & we both keep looking for him.

His body was good still walking 2.5 miles a day, but doggy dementia was moving in on him fast, it was time. But dear me it's flipping hard.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Thank you. Reviews. VA book.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 07:49:12 PM »

I kept my Lady a bit too long. She was senile; would stand at the hinge side of the door instead of the opening, in a house she had lived in since aged 7 months.  Aged nearly 14: Feb. 2002.  With all the money in the World we can't go any further once Nature takes over.

:bighug:  MJ.  What breeds?   :-* Bertie - now running free at Rainbow Bridge.

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 08:00:42 PM »

Bertie a Westie had him 5 years before Bonnie so very much an only child & first dog.

Bonnie is a border terrier, a very sweet dog who you don't know you have she is so quite as Bertie always took center stage.

Thank you both. 😊💐

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:04:41 PM »

Oh those terriers have character so there will be a gap.  How is Bonnie?  You may find that she has a different 'side' to her now, certainly as each of our cats died the other's showed quirks that we hadn't seen previously. 

xx

Machair

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 08:50:33 PM »

My heart goes out to you. What a very sad day that must have been. Dogs are my world and cats too, they mean everything and the loss is so hard, but you gave him the best life he could have ever had.Sending you all the love in the world.xx

Robin

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 09:38:46 PM »

I'm so sorry Jane. You've been through so much with Bertie by your side it must devastating to be without him. Taking yourself off to Westminster to campaign for change so soon afterwards shows what a strong and amazing woman you are. I hope in time all those happy memories of your handsome Bertie will bring you comfort.

Thank you for the support you've given me personally but also for the great work you're doing campaigning for change I really appreciate it xxx  :hug:

Gangan

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 06:53:22 AM »

I would just like to second what Robin has written. Take Care X

Gangan X