Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: FUMING!!!! Steam coming out my ears...  (Read 2388 times)

puddlesmum

FUMING!!!! Steam coming out my ears...
« on: January 23, 2019, 02:07:17 PM »

Since hitting perimenopause I realise that I have a mouse for a partner and I've turned into my Mum. I've gone from being the meek and mild to this raving f*cking loon that blows at authority. Oops.

But I am fuming right now. I've run out of my private prescription with Prof Studd. OH called up for my prescription (6 monthly) and told him that I need to pay another £250 for it. WTF. Excuse me? This is my 2nd prescription of a yearly thing which I last paid on the 19th February 2018 which means if I'm correct in my maths, I still have a prescription and a bloody month to go!  My OH "erm... well... erm..." I'm screaming at the top of my voice "You can F**K THAT RIGHT OFF!! Thieving BARSTOOLS!!!! I STILL HAVE A MONTH TO GO!!!!!" So OH says, "I think we'll have to call back in a bit." Gutless sometimes the man. Why do they bloody do that men? All gobby when it's to do with them but when it's to do with us, oh no, says bugger all.

AARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry my sisters, I had to vent somewhere because in my head right now I'm bouncing my head off the concrete.

PS: No wonder my Mum used to fly off the handle so quickly if she put up with this shit.

Ladybt28

Re: FUMING!!!! Steam coming out my ears...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 02:18:26 PM »

I know it's not funny Puddlesmum but.... :rofl:  and I'm still grinning!

puddlesmum

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 02:54:08 PM »

;)

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 03:36:26 PM »

And breathe 🤬😄

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 04:31:40 PM »

It's not really the fault of OH though .......... sometimes you have to point it all out, i.e. I don't have to pay for this, simply collect ;-).

........ and breath  ???

NaturalMystic

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 06:05:19 PM »

I have bigger balls than most men I have ever met 😉

Dancing Queen

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 06:59:21 PM »

Me too lol.. Ive kicked some thugs up the ass in my time 😅

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 07:12:32 PM »

I can understand your frustration puddlesmum - and this is the problem with private medicine - the potential cost! You do know you can get estradiol on NHS anyway? Also some docs will prescribe testosterone if the original prescription has been made by a gynae. Have you tired getting it locally from your own doc? That way you wouldn't have to deal with all of that anyway ("mousey" OH aside!)!!

Hurdity x

Shadyglade

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 11:42:57 PM »

I tend to answer the phone and the front door. If it's cold callers my husband is far too polite and gets stuck for ages.

We had a chap come round last summer flogging those expensive meal boxes. I had to intervene in the end. I said to my husband afterwards 'what were you thinking you have an allotment'.

He just can't say no.  ::)

Beaker

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 08:42:26 AM »

I can understand your frustration puddlesmum - and this is the problem with private medicine - the potential cost! You do know you can get estradiol on NHS anyway? Also some docs will prescribe testosterone if the original prescription has been made by a gynae. Have you tired getting it locally from your own doc? That way you wouldn't have to deal with all of that anyway ("mousey" OH aside!)!!

Hurdity x

Totally agree with Hurdity.  I think most GP's (I hope I'm right) will prescribe what a Consultant has advised without too many quibbles.  I went to a private Consultant myself and since then my GP has always prescribed what she recommended.

puddlesmum

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 09:56:56 PM »

I'm having to ask the practice manager to see if my doctor will prescribe the estradiol. Last time they said yes, then I asked and they said no, so going to try again this week.

My OH is far too polite for his own good sometimes lol. Bless him. Wouldn't know what to do without him though.

xx