Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Wish I'd been born a man  (Read 8189 times)

dangermouse

Re: Wish I'd been born a man
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2019, 10:35:53 PM »

They aren't so keen on prescribing HRT in perimenopause and so are more flexible with the pills. They think peri is too volatile for HRT to help.

I did persuade them once but it made me worse.

Focus

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2019, 06:47:30 AM »

Thank you so much for all your posts and kind thoughts.

I'm starting to notice some patterns in this bizarre world:

Last night when we went to bed, I knew I was feeling super warm. It's the sort of 'muscles' radiating heat' that I get after I've been to the gym. And I totally notice it as I'm usually freezing all the time. Even my fiancé noticed it, and made a joke about it and we had a laugh.

He's brilliant. I'm telling him everything I'm going through and finding out so he doesn't feel left out or confused. One of the things I guess I regret, or maybe wish I'd done differently (although I know that it wouldn't really have changed the course of events, or the outcome, at all) was telling my XH when I started suffering from PTSD and what I was going through. So I'm trying to behave differently now, even though I find it difficult talking about these things, and there's a bit part of me that feels humiliated by the way my body is behaving.

I knew I'd be getting a night sweat last nigh when we went to bed. .Anyway, I woke up at 2.00am, moderately sweaty, but nowhere near as bad as some of the night sweats I've had over the past couple of months.

The ovary pain has gone, as have the dull cramps.

Hurdity

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2019, 05:54:02 PM »

Hi again Focus - I haven't read all the posts in this thread and probably even answered earlier - but just to say re the contraceptive pill - there is apparently more age flexibility with the pills with bio-idential oestrogen ( estradiol ) in them - ie QLAIRA and ZOELY. They will eventually control your cycle but not sure how well they would control your bleeding and/or reduce your endometrium - it sounds like you do need something else first like a course of norethisterone for a longer period of time, or at least for 2 weeks in the month if docs can prescribe it like this?

I can't remember if you've had any other investigations as to the cause of the very heavy bleeding just to check all is OK? eg fibroids, polyps, endometriosis?

Hurdity x

Focus

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2019, 07:20:50 PM »

I had a chat with the doctor at the Boots contraceptive service last week. She was absolutely brilliant.

She said I need to wait until about month 4 or 5 to see how whatever pill I'm on is working for me.

I had thought it was like getting the pill when I was younger, and it would start working straight away. But no, it seems it's going to take a while.

She said there are the following stats after month 4 or 5:
40% of women will have the 'withdrawal' type bleeds
40% will continue to have the crazy bleeds
20% will have no bleed at all.

She said that I can try another 2 POP ones after this one, and the breakdown that is above will be different for each pill.

It's up to me to decide where I'm at with them and if I want to change. She said a bit part of for me it will be how I'm feeling, as well as the physical effects of the pill.

I'm just unbelievably stressed. It takes ages to come off from this sort of PTSD fight or flight adrenaline rush. I know from past experience. And it's like the heavy bleeds keep aggravating things. I can't get away from the thing that's stressing me out. I'm trapped.

Plus I've come home to no hot water. The pressure is too low on my boiler, and the engineer who installed a couple of years ago it did't leave the key to sort the pressure, as he should have done. The slot is there for the key, but it's empty.

I just wanted to have a hot bath tonight. It's the one thing that relaxes my muscles a little.

I've had to book an engineer for tomorrow afternoon. And it means losing the work I had for tomorrow afternoon as well.

I just want this all to end.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]