Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Changing HRT help please  (Read 1027 times)

Drdog

Changing HRT help please
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:00:27 AM »

Hi all, I'm 48, have been battling early menopause since 2nd child born 6 years ago.  Was on Elleste Duet (couldn't cope with the progesterone), then Tibolone (felt normal for 2 months, then it stopped working).... finally got lucky with Femseven Conti. Sadly it is now unavailable for at least the next year and I've been struggling with every alternative... have tried Evorel Conti (shivery cold to the core and low mood...just as I felt on Elleste Duet),  Femoston Conti (eyes finally felt good but the insomnia and vivid dreams were exhausting). I've just been put onto an Oestrogen only patch and oral Utrogestan...which has wired me to the moon.  I finally got to sleep at 4am this morning. I simply cannot take it again tonight as I have 2 kids to stay patient with ... one with Autism. I am at my wits end as to how to move forward. I also have had 2 aura migraines in the last few months (both came on 1 hour after Parkrun).... and GP is a bit concerned as these used to be a contradiction to HRT, although the HRT clinic assure me it's ok.  I'm wondering if I should try Femoston again and just put up with the exhausting dreams.  Baffled....
Sorry about the ramble, but if you have any words of wisdom I'd be very grateful. Thank you xx