Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Please help.  (Read 757 times)

pricey

Please help.
« on: January 22, 2019, 07:16:51 AM »

So I have stuck it out with Evorel Sequi for almost three months.  My bleeds have been better but occurring just after I start the combi patch.  I then feel premenstrual again when I start the oestrogen patch (had a tiny bit of breakthrough bleeding this time) which leads me to believe my own cycle is overriding the patch. It means I feel premenstrual for about three weeks out of four, sluggish and tearful. I haven't has too many headaches which is good. The sweats are controlled but I don't feel good.  I have also gained 6lbs in less than 3 month's which isn't like me and with no change to my diet (I also exercise daily). I feel like it's water weight. I also feel this is too much oestrogen.  I was on Elleste Duet 1mg  about 4 years ago. This worked well apart from the headaches the last 2 weeks of the month.  I believe Elleste  is a lower dose than the Evorel.  I feel like I want to cut down/come off HRT and see where I am.   I am 54. I have an appointment with my GP in three weeks. I would like to reduce this oestrogen now. I feel yuck! I am also scared of the impact though as it could really affect my job. Would halfing the patch be the best option?

Thanks for listening. x

Flaky47

Re: Please help.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:40:47 AM »

Hi Pricey
Everyone's different but I had Evorel  Conti for a few months (my first experience of HRT) and although it stopped the flushes immediately I felt swollen and PMT-ish all the time plus like you I put on weight despite normally being skinny.
I have now changed to ultrogestan and an estrogen patch (Estradot) and feel much, much better even though I have only been on it a couple of months. The extra weight has also gone.
I think it must have been the progesterone in the Evorel patch that didn't agree with me - I'm on a 75 estrogen patch now (Evorel is 50).
There are many options and it's worth trying something different before giving up x

pricey

Re: Please help.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 10:33:22 AM »

Thank you, Flaky.  I think I may half the patch until I see the Dr.  Then I will ask her about what you have suggested.
I appreciate input from others.  You feel so alone at times!

X