Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Palpitations  (Read 981 times)

Bluebell

Palpitations
« on: January 31, 2019, 03:48:58 PM »

Just had a telephone conversation with my Doctor ( you can't just make an appointment you have to phone first then the Doctor calls you back to access you ).
 I told her I've had heart flutters and palpitations for over a week and was wanting reassurance that it was hormonal.
I said I'm now 65 years old and 6 years post menopausal so should I still be getting this.🤷🏼‍♀️ She went on to say she has patients in their 70's and 80's who still have symptoms. 🙇🏼‍♀️

I'm to get fitted again 4th time with a monitor when one because available. Each time I've had the monitor I haven't had a palpitation. I've had quite a few ecg's and they've never shown anything either.

I've been getting palpitations more or less every month - sometimes for a couple of days and sometimes for over a week.

The flushes and nightsweats are bad but the palpitations I think are the worst thing to deal with.
I've tried HRT, Magnesium, vitamins...more or less everything and nothing works for me.

If anyone knows anything else I can try I would be eternally grateful. 💐

Bluebell

Re: Palpitations
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 09:24:26 PM »

Hi Birdie, someone suggested to me to try Magnesium Citrate but stopped because of getting a sore tummy.
So now take magnesium salts I also take Osteocare which has magnesium in it and Menopace which has magnesium too.
I will try what you suggest though - anything to get rid of them.

Did you get palpitations a lot?

NaturalMystic

Re: Palpitations
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 09:42:51 PM »

Be careful with magnesium ladies, too much messes with your heart rythm