Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Please help with blood results??  (Read 907 times)

lisa_w

Please help with blood results??
« on: January 16, 2019, 03:18:27 PM »

Hi can anyone help with my test results...i got them 're tested on cycle day 4 my LH level was 17.2 and FSH was 37.8
I have no idea what this means..the doctor hasn't looked at my results yet to comment so don't still don't know about starting HRT or if these are normal
All I know is I feel horrendous lol
Thanks
Lisa xx

Conolly

Re: Please help with blood results??
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:34:38 PM »

Hello lisa_w,

I've read your other posts and considering your age and symptoms I'd say you are definitely entering perimenopause and blood results will vary, not very useful. The choice of starting HRT is yours. If you feel you can't cope with the symptoms you can try HRT and see how it goes. It's a different experience for each woman, some feel relief in weeks, some have to persevere for at least 3 months to feel improvement, some will have side effects and will have to tweak the dose or change to another type of HRT.

Conolly X

AG

Re: Please help with blood results??
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:32:09 AM »

Hi Lisa

This points to peri menopause, although hormones can fluctuate wildly. If over 45 (I was 48 at the time of a blood test with very similar values plus Estrogen < 18 units of measurement), and blood test taken in early days of cycle (if one still has periods) then these levels do point to peri but this is more reliable when another measurement is taken a few weeks or months later (first days of cycle are recommended to measure this to be able to make some distinction). I had this measured last May and with the barrage of symptoms I have had along the way this was very clearly peri for me with periods many months apart as well. I am not a medical professional though so if you have any concerns in particular you should consult a medical professional. My experience has been more recently that things can improve but it is not a straight line but I have found an overall trend of my symptoms slowly improving. One thing that I had to cut down on is coffee and tea, that has helped, plus exercising whenever I can. I wish you all the best. AG