Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Help please - bleed 1 week before taking utrogestan  (Read 1594 times)

Lumpy

• First Flush
Help please - bleed 1 week before taking utrogestan
« on: June 22, 2019, 09:13:28 AM »

Hi,

Need some advice. I am John Studds regime of 4 pumps of gel and utrogestan 7 days of the month. I have been on this only for 2 months. I have been put on this regime by John Stuud due to severe anxiety and depression.

First month was fine - had a light bleed after taking the utrogestan. Now 3 weeks later I have started bleeding again before taking the progesterone which I am due to take on the fist of July (in a week).

I did actually have some bloods taken 2 days ago and the results were: oestrogen: 1080, Progesterone 3.1. My oestrogen seems really high.

I am going to write to John Studd but would just like some advice as to why this might be happening.

Thank You

Cassie

Re: Help please - bleed 1 week before taking utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 10:28:21 AM »

Thats a lot of oestrogen wow! I only take 1 pump, and 7 days may not be enough Progesterone to oppose the oestrogen, your lining is sloughing away on its own by the sounds of it, perhaps pop him a mail to enquire.
Will be interesting to see the thickness of your lining when you have your next scan but you may need to extend the utrogestan to 12 days a month, but of course you would need to discuss with your Dr.

Lumpy

• First Flush
Re: Help please - bleed 1 week before taking utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 12:40:27 PM »

Thank you. Yes my oestrogen is really high. At least I know I'm absorbing it! Probably need to reduce pumps. Might go down to 3 then 2. I've emailed John studd so wait to see what he says.