Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Where do I go now?  (Read 1765 times)

Sgtvhilts

Where do I go now?
« on: January 19, 2019, 10:05:57 PM »

Hi
Been on femeston 2/10 since April. Working well, but had never resolved all my symptoms. Now though , some of the ones that did go away are creeping back- foggy brain, random heat.
My questions is - what are my hrt options now?
49 and in peri.
Good GP- she's stumped and has referred my to the meno clinic, a bladder scan and oestrogen level blood.
What are my options?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Where do I go now?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 10:48:54 PM »

Is 2/10 the optimum dose, sorry to be thick  ??? - which particular symptom would you like to ease first?  Glad that you have a supportive GP, makes a HUGE difference.  Maybe take a list of symptoms when you go 4 the appt.?

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 11:05:12 PM »

Thanks,
Yes 2/10 is the max.dose
Which is why i'm Flapping a bit, because if this is the highest- where do I go next
The returning symptoms I'd like to ease lol - all of them! But most important
1) head fog & motivation
2) night wee's
3) night sweats
4) itching

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:11:04 PM by Sgtvhilts »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 11:18:07 PM »

Sounds like menopause.  Bugga ........

As oestrogen levels drop off so the body may become dry: inside and out, including the vagina.  Get thyself some vaginal atrophy treatment to see if that eases symptoms.  Do read our threads here: VA mimics urine infection-type symptoms really++ well  >:(.  DH has dry legs and has found that good old Nivea cream rubbed on at night eases the itchy skin.  I like Vaseline in a yellow bottle or that with a tint of 'tan' in the Summer.

Levels dropping can cause muscles to become lax = aches and pains: hiatus hernia, hips, knees, frozen shoulder  >:(.

I hate that head fog.  I dread having to introduce people, especially when I've known them for years++.  I simply forget their names  :-\ and can no longer pass it off with a smile.  I have no recall, recently I lost a set of window keys - I can still remember taking them out, but not where I put them.  As it happens, I found them this week and they were there: in the correct bag [it's that strange woman again  ::)]

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 07:59:11 AM »

You can get a higher dose of oestrogen by using patches or gel with Utrogestan. X

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 07:39:41 PM »

Some women just don't absorb oestrogen so well from tablets - due to variability in digestion etc. I would go with Dotty's suggestion!

Hurdity x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 08:38:08 PM »

thanks for responses
THat's what my GP was thinking- but holding off until i have seen the Meno clinic, bladder scan, bloods etc.
So i take it that there is hope!
I am bit worried about patches though, that's how i went with the pills.  How do you keep them on? I love the shower every night and bike a fair bit (SWEATY).  wHEN I  used a TENS machine many years ago, i was holding the pads on with electrical tape!

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 12:08:41 PM »

There is always hope Sgtvhilts  :)  If you think you may have problems keeping patches on then go for gel.  Your GP seems to be along the right lines.  I had itching and nausea with tablets - like Hurdity says..sometimes the liver doesn't like processing the hrt.

Like CKLD says increased frequency of weeing at night... that can be a symptom or starting of VA?  It is the ONE thing I don't  have (thank the Lord!) but I believe it can mimic a bladder infection.  I had a month or so when I was up 5 times a night but it stopped on my new regime. Yep there is hope - How long before the meno clinic?

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 01:13:27 PM »

Hi thanks
Not sure how long for meno clinic, not heard anything, but could be days or months. I am not averse to trying patches, but how do I keep them on whilst showering. I could cover them with sello?
But bloods and wee test tomorrow.
Should I go to GP meanwhile to talk'patches'.
I think the return of symptoms might have something to do with a nasty ‘virus' I had over Xmas, vomiting copiously for 3 days- nice. Might have knocked the cumulative dose out.
I feel like I did before I started HRT at all ( not as bad, but going that way) grrrr

Ladybt28

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 01:27:33 PM »

If you already know you have problems with stuff sticking my own thinking would be possibly not to start them and then have to change regime midway because they wont stick!

You could be right about the virus, those things just put out bodies out of kilter in all sorts of ways but I suppose it best to halt the symptoms before they really slide as it takes much longer to get back up after. You are getting your tests tomorrow so some of the answers should be quick.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 03:16:14 PM »

You could stick a plastic bag over the site of the patch whilst showering/cycling with micro-pore tape.  The important thing is to have a very dry skin when applying them in the first place. 

Let us know how you get on.

Beaker

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 06:14:40 PM »

Sgtvhilts, can I just say - I don't think you have to worry at all about showering with patches or about how the patches will stay on.  I am on patches and they stick on like glue.  Just don't put bodycream where you intend to stick the patch.  I shower every day and the patches don't budge.  In fact it takes a fair old tug to rip them off when the time comes to change them.  I survived our very hot summer with them.  They have the sticking thing down to a fine art.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »

Thanks beaker
That's good to know.i think i'll give it a whirl
Now next info quest- where do you put the urgentston. I note it is capsules, so are they oral or do they go where the sun don't shine lol

Ladybt28

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 10:45:45 PM »

I like to put them "where the sun don't shine"!!  Cant take them orally too many side effects for me Sgtvhilts.  They are supposed to be taken orally but loads of consultants recommend to do it vaginally especially if you get nausea or other side effects from progesterone.  That way they bypass the liver and most eveything else except the place they need to be!

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 09:13:35 AM »

LOL
Okay more ‘in depth' query do you pierce them or let the melt in situ?