Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Clicking in ears  (Read 7036 times)

Roseneath

Clicking in ears
« on: January 17, 2019, 07:33:05 PM »

I feel like I am loosing the plot today so this lovely forum is where I turn to for unconditional advice and support!
Does anyone out there sometimes get clicking noises in their ears, like a tiny watch.

I am struggling with health anxiety at the moment which is well ramped up the further into Peri I go. I went to the docs last week with tingling feet, a stiff knee/lower leg and a few occasional finger twitches in a state of high anxiety convinced I had MS. He said it was all anxiety and as my bloods had been done and were fine two months ago sent me on my way.

I still have the tingling and stiffness in my left leg but now have this clicking in my left ear! It stays for about 20 seconds then goes.
Stupidly I Googled it and it shows up as an MS indicator on some American site. I am now well freaked.  :'(

NaturalMystic

Re: Clicking in ears
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 07:43:13 PM »

Sweety you know that this is anxiety related, keep telling yourself this xxx

A warm Nicky hug to you xxx
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 07:46:02 PM »

Yes a lot of us have these things.iam the same as you when I have my Heath anxiety big hugs xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 08:02:17 PM »

Oh my click mainly on the right side.  It feels blocked very often, a wiggle can release it momentarily.  I am due for a check up with our Nurse next week as I am deaf on that side when it's blocked.

Hopefully it will be clearable then I'll get a hearing test.

Roseneath

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 08:07:13 PM »

Ladies. Your posts brought a few warm tears to my eyes and a lovely feeling to my heart. Thank you so much for understanding. Anxiety sometimes feels like a lonely place. Happy tears :-* :thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 08:10:26 PM »

When I lay on the right it sometimes sounds like a plug being pulled  ::).  I've got used to that.  When it's not blocked every thing is so noisy  :o.  It's the lack of hearing in the right that is sending me to the Nurse and hearing test.  I expect it's due to the Eustachian tubes have narrowed during menopause  ::)

AgathaC

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 08:37:15 PM »

You can rely on me, Roseneath. Start of peri (when I did not know it was peri) was digestive and tummy problems. Bad GERD (endoscopy etc). Always right ear problems after a bad bout of GERD. Ear sometimes feels like a very quiet version of what I imagine tinnitus to be. More clicking (or clock ticking) than ringing. Sometimes feels thick and underwater. Of course (!!!) I have had it checked out and nothing wrong. My anxiety has been bad for two days. Wearing a willy hat indoors, keeping my coat on, sleeping on sofa, aaargh.

AgathaC

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 08:39:26 PM »

Oh god. Can I clarify that I am not wearing a willy hat. It's a woolly hat  ;D
Big hugs to all anxiety ridden ladies out there xxxx

JaneinPen

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 08:48:09 PM »

Oh AgathaC I did chuckle at your post. Thank you. As to the clicking Roseneath. I too have it on occasions along with almost constant tinnitus nowadays. Oh! Joy! Don't you just love the meno

Roseneath

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 08:50:38 PM »

I had images of you wearing a giant condom on your head! Laughter is the greatest therapy. Yes like a little pocket watch ticking.
I am wearing willy socks. My feet are permanently freezing. Yes my HA has been rubbish for the last few days too.

AgathaC

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 09:00:35 PM »

I have cold feet too. Obviously my constant googling has diagnosed Raynaud's disease. You can add that to your list, Roseneath.

Roseneath

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »

I can trump that. My feet are cold with a bright blue mark on the big toe =  Gangrene.

Oh no     - permanent market pen   :o

Never written gangrene before. That's a first.

Feel a bit better about my ear clicking now so it has stopped....

Roseneath

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 09:24:44 PM »

I ment Marker pen. Add that to your willy hat!

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 10:03:35 PM »

:safe:  like this one ?  ;)

My tinnitus has gone in recent days.  Probably too deaf to hear it ..........

Annie0710

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 11:23:25 PM »

I've had the clicking, in fact I've had most noises in my ears including musical tinitus !

Peri is a dreadful time, some women literally develop a new symptom each day (I did) and it's no wonder health anxiety is developed

Hang in there xx
Pages: [1] 2 3