Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vagifem update-update  (Read 948 times)

Mrs Bennet

Vagifem update-update
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:17:55 PM »

Hi ladies......last evening was day 14 of my Vagifem so now moving onto the twice weekly maintenance dose....i have felt much better with regards to the pressure feeling and urine infection type symptoms....however have had a bit of a mare of a week......a urine sample which i did last week and insisted went for culture even though the dip test was negative came back positive 😩......so was given a 3 day course of the dreaded nitrofuritine (spelling)
took last one this morning i have felt sick and had upset stomach so all great!!!!  also have got terrible low back pain.....can't bend as its excruciating.....but having seen 2 doctors so far this week have been assured not kidneys so have been referred to physio they can't see me until next Wednesday but hey ho!!!
Now i seem to have the pressure feeling like i need a wee come back .....is this usual with atrophy and should i just watch and wait.....I'm taking another sample in tomorrow for culture and seeing GP next Thursday......thank you for reading my ramblings 😘😘

suzysunday

Re: Vagifem update-update
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 10:04:28 PM »

This sounds typical of VA, and I have had this for months and using ovestin every night.  It can take ages for things to settle. Poor you on the awful nitrofurantine it's horrible. Can't you have trimethoprim instead?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 10:08:17 PM »

Do you need ABs though .......... although they do help as I can tell you, I sat on the loo with a cuppa in one hand and Barley Water in the other, simply to allow the bladder to dribble.  It was the way to keep comfy, not trying to hold the spincter shut.

Go back to nightly Vagifem too.  Anything to protect the vaginal area.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 12:36:42 AM »

I need Vagifem daily, have never managed on the 2 a week dose.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 08:31:10 AM »

Thank you for that 😘 will see how i go, if the back pain would let up it would help.......just feeling sorry for myself i guess .......think maybe i need some moisturiser too?  Whilst having a search i found one called Olive & Bee .....don't want to make anything any worse than it is 😳 xx

JaneinPen

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 08:44:48 AM »

Sorry to hear the nitrofurantoin upset you so much. It is the next one they give if trimethropin hasn't worked but it really does have horrible side effects. I felt really ill when I was given a 10 day prescription and had to stop after 4 because I was sick all the time. I need to use the Vagifem for 3 nights to keep everything happy. You might need to trial how often you need to use it as some ladies it is every night and others just twice a week. I hope everything calms down soon. Good luck.