Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ovarian cancer!!  (Read 6823 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovarian cancer!!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 05:11:28 PM »

A completely silent appointment ........... what, no discussion at all? 

...... and breath.  Being close to C.mas doesn't help either  :D

AgathaC

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 08:09:16 PM »

Dear Clio,
I just thought I'd add in an experience which might make you feel a little less anxious.
I've had symptoms as described by you and been very worried about them, exactly as you have been.
Anyway, I had a scan today and my ovaries and uterus looked normal. I'm going to have the bloods like you too.
I'm sorry you are so worried. I get completely anxious about every single symptom I have. Tomorrow it will be something else, I'm sure.
So, in short, Clio, I understand how worried you must be but, as other ladies have said, the backache and bowel changes could have any number of causes.
Lots of love to you and please hold on to all the positive stories here and the fact that your GP examined you and didn't seem overly concerned (she didn't rush you off for an emergency scan for example).
Not sure if that helps. My posts are never as factual or medical as others but still sent with love and concern, even if not tons of help to anyone! X

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 09:00:54 PM »

Everyone's input is important.  It's about sharing, learning, taking experiences and if appropriate, using them.

clio

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 07:14:30 PM »

Agatha thankyou for your post, I'm going to have my scan tomorrow, still not had blood results yet.

Clio

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 10:03:33 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

ariadne

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 11:44:47 PM »

Clio I had this same worry a couple of months ago. I had bowel habit changes, bloated stomach, lower backache, pain under my ribs back and front, a painful breast, felt so full up that I didn't realise when meal times had come around and just felt generally unwell. I even thought about cancelling our holiday abroad as I was sure I would need medical treatment while we were there.

I hate visiting the doctor but I went and saw a doctor I hadn't seen before. I told him all my symptoms which he seemed disinterested in and then he said "So what are you worried about?" I told him I was worried about Ovarian cancer. He ordered blood tests including the CA125 and a scan. I was pleased to be given the CA125 as I'd been refused it a few years before when I had pain near my left ovary.

Blood tests were fine, the CA125 result was very low which was a huge relief. The lady who did the scan was so kind and put me at ease and when I got the results all was well.

I don't know what had been wrong with me but something definitely was amiss at the time as I felt so unwell. Whatever it was resolved itself thank goodness.

I hope this will help you a bit and that your results are, like mine, nothing to worry about.

Ariadne xx
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 11:50:44 PM by ariadne »

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2019, 08:52:49 PM »

Eating meat can cause huge alterations in bowel movements.  If I eat steak mine gets very slow for a few days.  Even with lots of veg..

As well as keeping hydrated, all kinds of things can upset the bowels  >:(.  Recently I had a few days with a very bloated stomach by 3.30-ish but my bwoels were regular.  It resolved after a week.  I also find that if I do more exercise my bowels operate 'normally', it was the same with my dog.  If we went on holiday which meant very long walks she poohed less than when we were home on our usual walks   -   I assumed it was because she was using up all the energy on offer; she would wake me in the night, being hungry. 

So it doesn't take much to alter our digestive tracts.  I sometimes wish I was see-through ........ then I would know if it was serious  ::)

Albertadawn

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 11:13:59 PM »

Ladies, has anyone had experience with ovarian cancer. I've had a change in bowel habits since summer but after seeing 2 docs they didn't seem too concerned but now I've got backache, something definitely going on!

Clio

Hi Clio,

There's nothing more important than peace of mind. I agree you should ask your dr for an internal ultrasound of your womb and ovaries. I had an aunt pass away from OC so I just asked if I could have regular scans and I go each year.
All the best!

groundhog

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 12:00:24 AM »

Albertadawn, I can emphasise with what you are saying but there is a but....

I had annual scans owing to suspected OC and an elevated CA125 and they were ‘inconclusive'.  I ended up having a hysterectomy which perforated my bowel and I now have 3 stoma bags, long story.    The suspect blip was nothing, completely benign.  So there are pros and cons to over testing.  By the same token I had a head MRI for tinnitus and that was normal but picked up a white matter lesson! Could have been there all my life they said and not to worry 🤔🤔🤔

Have we heard from Clio?

Conolly

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 01:03:24 PM »

Hello groundhog,

I was wondering what's happening to her. Hopefully she's OK. 🤞🏻

Conolly X

NorthArm

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2019, 01:50:20 AM »

Hi Clio

I hope everything is ok with you xx