Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Extreme stress triggering hot flushes?  (Read 1112 times)

Mary1962

Extreme stress triggering hot flushes?
« on: January 11, 2019, 07:12:53 PM »

I've been undergoing a few months of sustained stress due to illness in the family and I just wondered if when your body is under stress like that and your heart rate is up, less sleep, etc, it makes hot flushes more frequent? Or it seems to be in my case anyway, it seems to have correlated directly.  Am doing something proactive about the stress but it will take a while to help though hoping the root cause will also improve.  Am utterly exhausted  :(

Conolly

Re: Extreme stress triggering hot flushes?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:33:52 PM »

Hello Mary1962,

Absolutely. It's a vicious cycle, hot flushes, bad sleep, adrenaline surges, hot flushes, bad sleep. All brain related. It looks like in the absence of ovarian function, our brain shifts the flight or fight response into a chronic thermostat response. Under sustained stress it can go haywire. I've had it all during peri and almost killed myself.

Sorry about your family issues, always the worst trigger for stress. Hope you can find a way to cope. Huge hug.

Conolly X

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:53:24 PM »

Acute stress will raise your temperature in flush like episodes anyway. Men with anxiety/stress get them too. Unfortunately it's a double whammy if you have extra stress at the same time as the meno.

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 02:23:43 PM »

Stress always triggers my atrophy and makes it worse, which then of course causes more stress. It's an hard one to control and stress is always caused by something out of our control. Hope things get better for you soon.