Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Everyday come over ill around 3pm???  (Read 2181 times)

Angel1964

Everyday come over ill around 3pm???
« on: January 11, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »

Everyday lately around 3pm I start feeling ill. Sinusy, coughing more, lower abdomen bloats a bit and pains (I'm underweight), feel hot, heart even faster and palping  more in stomach! What hell is this all about?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:26:23 PM by Angel1964 »

Conolly

Re: Everyday come over ill around 3pm???
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 04:51:39 PM »

Hello Angel1964,

I've been reading your posts (still doing it) and it looks like acid reflux to me (GERD), which can be caused by a number of conditions, anxiety included. Have you been tested for Helicobacter pylori?

So sorry you've been through all this. I'll keep reading your past posts and try to figure out what's going on.

Have a hug and healing vibes,

Conolly X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:21:36 PM »

Low blood sugar?  Sudden hunger?  When driving home at 4.30 p.m. every day I would feel sick: body was hungry and I knew there was no where to pull off the busy road between work and home: 15 miles  :-\

Angel1964

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »

Hello Angel1964,

I've been reading your posts (still doing it) and it looks like acid reflux to me (GERD), which can be caused by a number of conditions, anxiety included. Have you been tested for Helicobacter pylori?

So sorry you've been through all this. I'll keep reading your past posts and try to figure out what's going on.

Have a hug and healing vibes,

Conolly X

Hi Connolly. Sorry not been in contact but have felt worse since Xmas Eve. Hope you had a fab New Year. On one of my visits to hospital, the doctor pressed my belly and said I have gastritis, but no follow up from him or GP.  Gave me omeprazole but GP said just take Gaviscon!! Which I do take but not regularly. I am sick to death of feeling like 💩. Never been tested for that. Had echocardiogram regarding this vein in neck, get results next Thursday so will let you know the outcome.  I seriously can't ask my doctor for any more tests. I often wonder if I'm lacking in something?? I am starting CBD oil to see if that will help with everything. Love and hugs xxx

Angel1964

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 05:25:50 PM »

Low blood sugar?  Sudden hunger?  When driving home at 4.30 p.m. every day I would feel sick: body was hungry and I knew there was no where to pull off the busy road between work and home: 15 miles  :-\.

Hi CLKD, I have eaten loads today, cornflakes with milk this morning, a protein bar, lamb stew with potatoes, pom bear crisps and 2 squares of chocolate. I drink water, I'm on decaffeinated tea now, throw in a normal now and again if I get a headache. I will be having a meal tonight too.  I only weight 8 stone and I am 5'6" tall. So I try and eat loads to keep weight on. Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 05:28:32 PM »

What makes you feel that you are under weight?  If you are comfy at 8 stone stop worrying.  My lowest was 5 st at C.mas 1971.  Now I'm between 8 and a bit.  5ft half an inch  ;).  Chocolate can cause the body to feel suddenly empty, sometimes I feel really sick within 10 mins..  But I do love it. 

Eating little and often can help hormone upheavals.  Every 3 hours was suggested when I was poorly in the 1990s.  [NAPS]. 

Angel1964

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 05:54:07 PM »

What makes you feel that you are under weight?  If you are comfy at 8 stone stop worrying.  My lowest was 5 st at C.mas 1971.  Now I'm between 8 and a bit.  5ft half an inch  ;).  Chocolate can cause the body to feel suddenly empty, sometimes I feel really sick within 10 mins..  But I do love it. 

Eating little and often can help hormone upheavals.  Every 3 hours was suggested when I was poorly in the 1990s.  [NAPS].

I'm not comfy at 8 stone as look ill. I need to be at least 8 stone 7. Yes I love chocolate too but I am making myself eat regular otherwise weight falls off me. I've never been big and I've always had to eat more than normal  to keep weight on. Xx

Conolly

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 06:03:49 PM »

Angel,

I've been reading your posts... I think you didn't hit menopause 3 years ago. You had been on sequi HRT and then the mini pill, so you (and probably your docs) thought you are postmenopausal but you might as well be hitting the final days of perimenopause, which is the worst time of the roller coaster. It might take a while until you can feel better, but it will happen. Meanwhile, you must get your thyroid re-checked because your last tests have shown a slight increase of T4 which can be the onset of hyperthyroidism. In some cases, the symptoms precede significant alterations in blood.

Conolly X

Angel1964

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 06:13:37 PM »

Angel,

I've been reading your posts... I think you didn't hit menopause 3 years ago. You had been on sequi HRT and then the mini pill, so you (and probably your docs) thought you are postmenopausal but you might as well be hitting the final days of perimenopause, which is the worst time of the roller coaster. It might take a while until you can feel better, but it will happen. Meanwhile, you must get your thyroid re-checked because your last tests have shown a slight increase of T4 which can be the onset of hyperthyroidism. In some cases, the symptoms precede significant alterations in blood.

Conolly X

Hi Connolly how could I be peri when I've not had a period for over 3 years since coming off the mini pill? I'm confused now :) xx

Conolly

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 06:44:34 PM »

Some women are affected by the use of exogenous hormones in a way that the body takes a long time to restore the natural production, it's called hypothalamic amenorrhoea. This can have a number of causes.

If you had been on HRT and the mini pill while your ovaries were still functioning they will stop functioning but not because they are getting old, HRT will shut down the brain hormones that induce the ovaries to develop the follicles and ovulation. Once you have stopped the HRT, they could have started working again, albeit slowly, because you were perimenopausal and that's exactly what happens in perimenopause, just a couple of periods months apart. So now you would be experiencing the final days of ovarian function when hormones fluctuate wildly. It's impossible to know your menopausal status when you had been on HRT and the mini pill in perimenopause. How long were you on sequi regimen and the mini pill?

Another possibility is that you're hyperthyroid and this could have been under control while you were on HRT, which can decrease thyroid hormones levels, but once you stopped it, your thyroid went haywire. You have most symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Conolly X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 07:48:14 PM »

I could have wrote that bit about feeling ill at a certain time of day!
When I was at my worst, EVERYDAY at about 5pm I would start to feel really ill.
Anxiety, ‘feelings' like I was going to die or something, weird weird feeling, chest pains, put that with the migraines everyday(at that point) and I felt crap!
The only thing I could say that made me feel like that was, either it was anticipated all the time, or, the hrt was wearing off, or it was anxiety at that time of day because I knew it was time to sort dinner out....sounds stupid, but when you suffer with anxiety, ANYTHING can start it off.
I use to try and mix it up a bit,  by doing something different at that time, but tbh, nothing really works.
I'm sure it's hormones. Mixed with anxiety. I thought I'd got some kind of disease, or illness.
It's surly not nice, and I know what your going through, hang on in there, it's got to start getting better .xxxx