Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New here and after some advice  (Read 1934 times)

J

• First Flush
New here and after some advice
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:09:06 PM »

I am 45 and just in my first pack of elleste  duet 1mg, hot flushes...gone! BUT ive been feeling a bit anxious and been having really bad heart palpitations, i have 5 more tablets until the end of my first pack, im not really sure when these heart palpitations and anxious feeling started. Anyway, last week i decided not to have a tablet and i had no heart palpitations, the next day i took one again and the palpitations were minimal, by the next day they were back full force. This morning i cut the tablet in half and just took one half and ive had no palpitations. Has anyone experienced this? Is it ok to cut the tablets in half?

jaypo

Re: New here and after some advice
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 08:47:30 PM »

Hi j and welcome,I suffer palpitations but don't take hrt, I have read though on here that a few women do suffer palpitations due to certain medication.
Someone will be along soon to give you their experience.
Sorry I can't advise but hello anyway 😊

J

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 08:49:41 PM »

Hello and thankyou for replying :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 06:23:35 PM »

That depends how many bananas one eats.  I was eating 3/4 small ones a few years ago, kept it up for 5+ years until I got completely sick of them.  Cured my restless leg syndrome.

:welcomemm:  browse round J, make notes  ;)

Roseneath

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 07:05:02 PM »

Hi J. I would get a call back with the GP and get some advice. I had a bad reaction to Elleste Duet and my GP took me off it immediately . I wouldn't try and second guess it if you are getting a new symptom involving your heart. There are plenty more options you can try out there including other types of HRT.

Emerald2017

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 10:52:43 AM »

I had palpitations at the beginning of taking my hrt. After 6 months I had no palpitations and no symptoms at all in general. I guess that palpitations are due to hormonal changes and too common during peri. Hope it helps!

J

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 12:00:04 PM »

Thanks everyone, ive seen doctor today, he wants me to stop taking the hrt but when my period starts, start on the next pack, and when the palpitations return phone him and he will give me an ecg just to check if there might be any underlying heart rhythm problems we dont know about. Hes thinking its more likely some sort of hormone surge 🤔

J

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 12:02:35 PM »

Emerald 2017

Did the palpitations start after you started taking the hrt?

Emerald2017

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 12:16:44 PM »

I had palpitations during my peri but they were more intense when I started Hrt. After some months back to normal. I visited my cardiologist and he said that there is nothing to worry about.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:22:45 PM by Emerald2017 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »

Tnx for the update!