Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vaginal burning  (Read 2765 times)

Ruby10

Vaginal burning
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:27:52 PM »

Hi I am in perimenopause stage and have started with vaginal burning and dryness . What products really help to soothe the burning . I don't thinks it's a UTI as it's  diffrent symptoms as I have had them in the past . It's more of a skin issue since I have gone into Peri stage .
I am on HRT but still getting this symptom .
Anyone found a cream that really helps ?

kimmyi

Re: Vaginal burning
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:44:15 PM »

Hi Ruby10,

I suffer from VA which is in many ways a challenge to deal with, but I find the Yes products and Vagisan help.

I'm also taking the Vagifem which is very good and is used internally twice a week which is on prescription.

It's all trial and error really and hope you find something that helps before it gets any worse😔 Take care

Ruby10

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 09:50:21 PM »

Thanks will try some and hopefully it works . So many symptoms to this horrible menopause  :-\

Ruby10

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 09:55:07 PM »

I did try a vaginal moisturiser and that just burned . So maybe I need to try another make

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 10:01:24 PM »

Best thing would be to try some vagifem pessaries internally ask your gp for them and maybe try some raw cold pressed organic coconut oil externally it's very healing and soothing you can buy from Holland and Barrett, little blue and grey tub vita coco it's brilliant.good luck 😘DD

Ruby10

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 10:18:51 PM »

Thanks for replies .
I did read that vagifem has a cancer risk .i know taking HRT does too but I didn't really want to put myself at more risk .  Also drs restrict it and you can only use it for a limited time 😒
I will have a look for the coconut oil though . 🙂

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 10:30:58 PM »

Thanks for replies .
I did read that vagifem has a cancer risk .i know taking HRT does too but I didn't really want to put myself at more risk .  Also drs restrict it and you can only use it for a limited time 😒
Vagifem is a tiny fraction of the strength of systemic hrt tablets. Don't be confused by the literature which comes with the packet or you find online. Using Vagifem daily for a year is about the same as 2 tablets.

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 10:52:19 PM »

Thanks for replies .

Your VA will only get worse if you don't use a local oestrogen product, either Vagifem pessaries or the Ovestin cream. There is no cancer risk with either. (I don't think you read that on here!!) VA is a lifelong condition and has to be managed with regular use of local oestrogen; many women with this condition are using systemic HRT as well.

Has your GP practice said they will limit supplies? The condition will return if treatment is stopped, so they should not be doing this.

There are several decent vaginal moisturisers that don't contain all the nasty chemicals that would irritate the vaginal and vulval skin. Have a look at the Yes website for their products, or some people like Sylk. Other good ones are organic emu oil, Olive & Bee (just contains olive oil and beeswax) or organic coconut oil.

Best wishes,
JP x

Ruby10

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 09:28:12 PM »

I got myself some yes natural lubricant and it really helps so does the coconut oil. Thanks for all your help .

Joaniepat

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 10:23:10 PM »

Glad to hear you've found products that help!
JP x