Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 2575 times)

Tc

Unbelievable
« on: January 10, 2019, 05:45:27 PM »

Hiya ladies. Won't go over the issues ive
had with getting my HRT scrip again but..

I still haven't got it. (Since 21st december).

After many many phone calls over many days This is what happened today :

1. Consultant secretary phoned and said EMPHATICALLY  the consultant will not speak to me and will only speak to GP..

2.. GP phoned me  herself and told me EMPHATICALLY that she will not speak to the consultant only to ME.

Arghhh arghhh and arghhh.!!!!

Ladybt28

Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 06:08:06 PM »

Oh Tc - nothing I can say is going to make it any better.
Suggest that you write a written complaint to GP's Practice with written consent and your instruction saying they are to talk to the consultant.  Write to the Consultant giving specific instruction and your consent in writing to speak to your GP. (probably with a ps on the bottom "stop playing silly buggers"!

Once it's in writing they have to act on it!  The GP practice will be the first on it because it counts as a complaint.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 06:21:47 PM »

Couldn't have put it better Birdy.  Who referred you to the Consultant?  Who should then write to your GP with recommendations.  I don't know if a GP has to carry them out though  :-\.  But not speaking to each other!  This takes Data Protection and Patient Confidentiality far too far!

Your next step will be?

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 06:30:25 PM »

2 complaints letters - 5 lines each stating "my Dr wont speak to my consultant and my Consultant wont speak to my Dr and I instruct them to do so"  Here are the details of each and then Hospital Complaints procedure and Surgery complaints procedure has to act.  They have to deal with it in less than a working week if not sooner!

AgathaC

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »

My trick for getting anything done is to be exceptionally nice and polite and then say something like “it's so interesting that you can't/won't speak to x, and x can't/won't speak to you. I never knew it worked that way and would be so difficult for an ordinary person like me. I've got an appointment at my MP's surgery tomorrow and I'm going to mention this to him/her”. 99 times out of 100 that is enough to get someone to do what I want!

Tc - so I suggest an email to both GP and consultant explaining how absurd it is to expect a bereaved lady who is struggling with her own health issues to act as a intermediary between two health professionals and that you are seeing your MP on another matter and you're going to mention this to see if it's right because you think it can't possibly be!

P.s. You could argue that it doesn't matter if this gets their backs up because they couldn't be more difficult than they are already being!!!

AgathaC

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 06:43:15 PM »

P.p.s. I might add that I have actually told my MP about things like this!

Tc

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 07:27:40 PM »

Thanks ladies. It's an enpass. I think the time has come to put it in writing.
I'll get onto it tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on. Xxxxxxx

AgathaC

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 08:26:46 PM »

Best of luck and well done for hanging on in there xxx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 09:18:02 PM »

Go and talk to the Practice Manager and maybe the PALS dept at the Hospital can intervene too.  Let us know?

Tc

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 02:10:39 PM »

Update
Phoned gp this am and they have a scrip waiting for me for utrestogan.
I said " and eastrogen gel?"
And she replied "what eastrogen gel? You have the utrestogan, do you need eastrogen gel as well?
Hadn't been prescribed.
Waiting since 9 for gp to call me  I think I night have to explain why there is no point in me taking utrestogan without eastrogen.
I have a copy of the letter and it clearly states please prescribe eastrogen gel 2 pumps increasing to 3.
Have just phoned the practice manager and complained.
The saga continues. 
Hope you ladies are all doing ok today x

Ladybt28

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 02:27:55 PM »

well - it is moving at slower than snails pace towards you getting what you need.  Complaining should give the snail a kick up the backside!  hang on in there!

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 02:49:55 PM »

Is nothing noted in your GP Notes?  Can't they check!  >:( ....... I know that we are headed towards the Finincial Year but HEY! 

Tc

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 03:15:21 PM »

Thanks ladies.
I am going to ask to be referred to C & W Dr panay clinic to deal with my Hrt.
At 53 I expect to be on it for at least 5 years all being well and can't be doing with this crap. It's possible that if unfortunately this regime doesn't suit I night have to change and OMG the same thing is gonna happen again
Gynae said at next visit in Feb she might introduce Testosterone, which to be honest I feel like my body and mind are crying out for. GP has already told me she will NEVER prescribe it so that's gonna be the next issue.
If they want to know why I want to be handled by the meno clinic I will show them the notes I have just made detailing this whole sorry debacle!!
Thanks for listening ladies will update.
Best wishes to allxxx

Ladybt28

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 03:54:12 PM »

Panay Clinic would be a good place to be.  I am waiting for a letter go to my doctor for testosterone prescription and I'm wondering whether the clinic prescribing nurse is going to put it through? We will have to cross that bridge when we come to it.
Good luck Tc - let us know what happens.

Tc

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 04:19:05 PM »

Hope you get it with no probs Ladyb.
Let us know.x
Pages: [1] 2