Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: sequential on combined hrt  (Read 904 times)

riverrunsfree

sequential on combined hrt
« on: January 02, 2019, 06:38:52 PM »

Was wondering at 51 and on Femoston 2/10 sequential...havent had period as such for about 7 months. Only light spotting every three months. Should I ask for a continous/combined Hrt...will being on sequential cause womb to become too thick if Im not having regular period? :)Any advice ladies..I'd be grateful xxxx

Dancinggirl

Re: sequential on combined hrt
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:31:29 AM »

You can stick with sequential hrt if you are feeling good on it. Many women stick with sequi hrt well into post meno and you may not be post meno yet.  If you only get very light bleeds then it is unlikely your womb lining is building up. If you got heavy or erratic bleeding and spotting then this might indicate your womb lining was building up.
Some do well with conti HRT but some women find taking progesterone every day doesn't suit them. Femoston conti doesn't come in the strength you are using so you would have to change to a different hrt with a different progesterone type that might not suit you so well.
If a thing ain't broke don't fix it.
DG x

riverrunsfree

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 09:11:02 PM »

Many thanks DancingGirl. Very  reassured by your reply. Thankyou! :)xx

Emerald2017

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »

The same here! I am on Femoston 2/10 but I don't get a period every month. My gyn said that it is normal and to continue using it! I agree with DancingGirl, if we feel ok, that is ok! :)