Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 2120 times)

Sammas

Confused
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:24:54 PM »

Confused after talk with doc.  Been on Evorel Sequi for 3 months and got chest pains Also had bad headaches Doc said trial Beconaise but pharmacist said Zantac Don't know what's best
Any ideas?
S x

Sammas

Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 12:04:03 PM »

Good day yesterday but got bad headache today when got to work and felt a bit sick Wake up every morning with pain I'm left shoulder and arm Need advice please x

Jeepers

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 05:34:40 PM »

Hi Sammas

I don't really have any knowledgeable advice, but I didn't want you to think no-one was here for you.  Hopefully, someone else will be along to offer some practical advice on those meds.

I'm on Oestrogel and ugtrogeston and I get all the things you describe, and more.  Have you discussed your chest pains with the doctor?

Take care

Jeepers x

Conolly

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 05:45:33 PM »

Hello Sammas,

Can't help on the HRT, sorry. Regarding the meds, Beconase is a corticosteroid nasal spray and Zantac is ranitidine HLC. They are completely different and not interchangeable. Are you sure these are the correct brand names? Or maybe you have to take both? Beconase for an allergic reaction and Zantac for heartburn?

Conolly X

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 06:00:59 PM »

Hi Sammas

The headache and feeling sick could be a side effect from the HRT - although usually nausea from initial dose of oestrogen usually settles. However if you are peri-menopausal then your own hormones will add into the mix and you could be having an oestrogen surge just before ovulation? It depends where you were in menopause when you started the HRT whether they are still fluctuating dramatically?

The headaches are common with any type of hRT although usually with the right type they disappear. Which phase of the HRT did the headache appear? Some women find the progestogen norethisterone gives them headaches - so if this was the case for you it would be in the second part of the cycle ie the combi patches. In addition progesterone withdrawal can cause headaches as with pms - and this would happen from the day following the change back to oestrogen only patches - perhaps for a couple of days and then would ease.

As always it's good to check with your doc for other causes especially with the chest pains - which are not a side effect of HRT as I understand. What you don't want though is to be taking meds for a symptom caused by the HRT either!

Hurdity x

Sammas

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 09:23:58 PM »

Hi Jeepers, Thanks for your reply I'd be interested in hearing about your journey Connolly, yes they are the correct items hence why I haven't taken either as I read about the first being for allergies and the latter heartburn The doc thought I might have sinus headaches and resulting chest pain My headaches vary and are localised or tension related.  Thanks Hurdity.  I have always had headaches Periods still fairly regular and headaches increase at that time. Sx

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 09:38:49 PM »

Hi sammas,Connolly is exactly right,seems very strange being told to take those meds.zantac is good for heartburn,are you bothered by that?

Conolly

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 09:55:30 PM »

Hello again,

I think that maybe what is happening is that your GP has prescribed Beconase for the sinus headache, which is absolutely right. The pharmacist on the other hand was focused on the chest pain, hence Zantac.

Does the chest pain feels like heartburn or does it affect your breathing?

Conolly X

Sammas

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 05:50:50 AM »

Hi Connolly and Jaypo, Chestpain comes and goes and can feel like heartburn on occasions and tight and painful other times.  I didn't think my headaches were sinus, but how can I tell? I don't have a cold or nasal problems. S x
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 05:52:30 AM by Sammas »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 10:40:00 AM »

Hi Sammas
Just read your post.
I think it's the prog in your hrt.
When I was on Femseven patches, I had terrible migraines, couldn't carry on everyday like that, so swapped onto Femoston , which still gave me headaches, but not migraines, also I'd get what felt like pressure behind my left ear, radiating up on to the side of my head. Also, if i doubled the dose, because I felt I needed to, I'd get chest pain, then when I dropped back down they would go, so that told me it was the prog. (I'd done that a few times, and it was always the same).
Now however, I've dropped right down to only 1mg femoston, and I haven't had a headache for a good few days. How I get on with that is anyone's guess, but sometimes you just get soo fed up suffering headaches everyday.
Plus, what the ladies have said, maybe your own hormones are coming into play as well.
Xx

Conolly

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 12:05:30 PM »

Hello jillydoll,

I think you've nailed it. Chest pain can be a migraine symptom. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24074526/[/size]

I'm just not sure if it's the progestogen causing it or oestrogen, which is a well known causative agent. My migraines have vanished (fingers crossed) after 2 years into menopause.

A lower HRT dose seems the way to go, if that doesn't work, swap for another regimen.

One way to confirm that theory is to ask for an anti-migraine med and see if it works.

Conolly X