Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feel like I'm losing the plot!!  (Read 5975 times)

Angel1964

Feel like I'm losing the plot!!
« on: January 08, 2019, 08:40:55 AM »

Ladies I do suffer with anxiety and told by a doctor at hospital that I have gastritis by him pressing on belly and my symptoms. Since Christmas Eve these are my symptoms. I have been the hospital numerous times to be told bloods etc are all ok

Rapid heart
Sweating through the night bad
Cold and shivery all day
Waking every hour
Coughing at night now -  stringy phlegm
Vomiting up frothy saliva now and again
Stomach pain and tightness and burning
More breathless
No strength
Lower abdomen pain
Heartbeat stomach continuously
Jittery throughout body
Stools gone bit lighter and softer
No energy
No appetite
Losing too much weight
Horrid taste in mouth
Sore burning throat
Ear hurts and gland up in neck but that's subsiding
Clear bubble in eye near cornea and eyes sore

I feel like I'm at the end of my tether. The only way to describe it is I feel like my body is poisoned. I'm on hrt combi patches around 11 weeks, Vit D, Menopace Plus vits. Taking Metatone to improve appetite and gaviscon. The only bad thing I do is smoke.

jaypo

Re: Feel like I'm losing the plot!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 08:53:26 AM »

Hi angel, I have a few of those symptoms and as I'm sure you're aware most the women here will have them,I have that clear bubble thing in my eye but I get regular eye tests and optician never said anything about it so obviously nothing to worry about
The coughing also,apparently the menopause causes more phlegm and allergies go on the rise
Losing weight,I lost more than half a stone in a couple of weeks but now sure it was when I was in the midst of my anxiety
As I've said before,after a colonoscopy I was diagnosed with diverticular disease,very common the older you get and when it flares up it causes lots of your symptoms,I'm definitely not saying that you have that,only a professional can tell you,any bowel changes must be taken seriously by a dr and investigated but the majority of the time it's something simple xx

Angel1964

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 08:56:10 AM »

Thank you Jaypo. I am not functioning each day and struggling to go to work as feel so ill.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 09:34:06 AM »

Hi Angel1964
Sorry you feel so bad, I could have written that a few years ago. It's horrendous.
I think most of those your suffering are from the anxiety, I was like that, one symptom leads to another one, but you may have caught a virus too, the sore throat,and the gland by the ear, what hrt are you on, did you start to feel worse after the new hrt, because maybe it's not suiting you?

Jd xx

Angel1964

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 09:36:02 AM »

Hi Angel1964
Sorry you feel so bad, I could have written that a few years ago. It's horrendous.
I think most of those your suffering are from the anxiety, I was like that, one symptom leads to another one, but you may have caught a virus too, the sore throat,and the gland by the ear, what hrt are you on, did you start to feel worse after the new hrt, because maybe it's not suiting you?

Jd xx

Hi Jilly. Femseven Conti. Was on it before for 16 weeks came off it. Had a little break no better so when back on. Now been around 11 weeks on it. My only bad vice is smoking. I don't drink, eat quite healthily when I have an appetite, which is zilch at mo.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 12:05:08 PM »

Hi Angel.
Maybe it's the Femseven patches.?
They didn't suite me, gave me real bad migraines, came off them, started Femoston Conti.
Took a few weeks to get rid of the headaches, but they were much better for me, not perfect, still occasionally get headaches, more like a feeling of pressure behind my left ear, but they're much better for me than Femseven.
Just a question, didn't some one say on another thread that Femseven were discontinued?
I don't know if they are, but if so, you'll have to change anyway.?
Either hang on in there and see if your body is gonna except it, or go to docs and get something else. I know what I'd do if I were you, but it's your choice obviously. It sounds like you've been suffering hell.
Good luck, keep posting, let us know how you're getting on, we're here for you......

Jd xx.  : :bighug:

Ps/. I smoke too, not a lot, but smoke all the same......xx
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 12:07:39 PM by jillydoll »

Angel1964

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 05:46:47 PM »

It's gone from bad to worse. Had echocardiogram today. He said heart looked fine but aorta could be slightly enlarged. He will evaluate it by looking at my weight, height and width of the aorta. So that has scared me to death and don't get results til next Thursday. Then my ex partner called me, we were together 9 years, to tell me he's got pancreatic cancer and only months to live 😢😢😢. I feel so ill its untrue. My doc is fed up with me thiugh as she says it's all anxiety. But I know my anxiety and it doesn't make me feel physically ill.  I want to throw up, I'm sweating and coughing at night. Every time I cough I've got phlegm. I'm not sweating during day. Stomach is so off with the pain, heart racing in it, skipped beats when I first inhale, stomach tender and tight. Sensation in bum that I need to poop but I don't need to. Throat feels "thick". I'm so fed up 😭😭😭😭

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 07:10:30 PM »

Sounds like anxiety.  Don't think that your GP is 'fed up' because they should be supportive. That might be your guilt, have you actually asked how you can work with her to ease symptoms?  That's what I did, took a list and handed to my GP "I need help to get through how I'm feeling". 

It is rare that a woman has problems with the aorta which can be regularly measured by ultra sound.  My FinL had his monitored for years.

Anxiety makes me physically ill.  Nausea++.  Panic attacks.  Shaking.  Fearing death.  What you describe is anxiety from where I'm sitting.  My bottom often feels like it needs to empty but there isn't anything when I sit on the loo, not even wind.  Again.  Anxiety driven.  Put me on the Motorway and I immediately need to pee  :o

Have you tried 'rescue remedy' products or deep breathing? 

Why has your ex contacted you, does he expect you to dash to his side?  Were you in contact anyway?   My throat has a 'frog' which I am constantly clearing but it's the end of a virus plus post nasal drip  >:(

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 07:17:18 PM »

So sorry about your ex,that's horrible but you really need to hear what everyone is saying,it really does sound like anxiety,the people who've answered you have all experienced it,your symptoms are so typical.
Please try and calm yourself down,it's so difficult I know, I couldn't see an end to mine at the time but I got there,thanks to the ladies on here

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 07:44:48 PM »

....... and breath.

Sharp intake of breath through the mouth, count to 5 - allow out as slowly as possible through the nostrils.
3 times then rest. 
Swimming. Yoga.  Brisk walking.  Sleep.  Music - can all ease anxiety.  As can appropriate medication without which I wouldn't be here.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 07:48:40 PM »

Hi Angel.
I'm so sorry about your ex, must have been a shock. I know he's an ex, but you may still have feelings for him, as a friend, if not anything else, I, mean, you were with him for 9 years of your life, and he's probably not that old is he?
BUT, you have to think of yourself, you're not with him anymore, he must have family or a support network for himself, and because you're feeling so shit, you have to put yourself first.  The ladies are right, it's all down to anxiety and this crappy meno, YOU WILL feel better, but at the moment you can see no end to it, I know, but you will.
Have you got a bath? If so go and have a nice long soak, read/ listen to what you like music wise, that helps, or watch something, anything that takes your mind off things.
But I still think it's the Femseven patches not suiting you.
You seriously need to de-stress, have you anyone to talk to? Family/friends?

Take care babe, keep posting......xxxx

Angel1964

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 06:35:28 AM »

Hi Ladies. We have kind of stayed in contact as we had a flat together which only recently I took my name off of it and he took over the mortgage when I left him. I was in totally shock. I don't believe that my pain is just anxiety. I don't sleep with it as can't get comfy. The pains are sometimes awful. It feels so tight or infected to me. I can't eat I'm forcing it down. The pulsing in stomach is keeping me awake and no matter what way I turn ican feel it pumping.  Sweating and coughing at night is horrendous. I've propped myself up in bed but no good. Thank you all so much for your kind words. xxx
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 06:05:58 PM by Angel1964 »

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 05:34:59 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

Pancreatic cancer is silent until it spreads.  A shock for you and no doubt you will be worried.  Will you see him at all? 

If you haven't eaten properly it stands to reason that your bowel movements will be different.  Anxiety can do that to me, the moment it starts I can't eat  :'(

Angel1964

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 06:09:01 PM »

How are you today?

Hi Birdy. Every time I've eaten today had bad pain and heart palps in stomach.  Feel off. I'm ok about ex now, that sounds awful, but it was a shock yesterday.  Thinking stomach ulcer?? Pain bad just now, took Gaviscon and it's calming.  Xx

Angel1964

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 06:11:47 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

Pancreatic cancer is silent until it spreads.  A shock for you and no doubt you will be worried.  Will you see him at all? 

If you haven't eaten properly it stands to reason that your bowel movements will be different.  Anxiety can do that to me, the moment it starts I can't eat  :'(

Hi CLKD not sure whether I will see him as don't want to see him deteriorate and no good for my anxious messed up mind. I will talk or message but that's it. Pain bad all day after eating and just now. Took Gaviscon and it seems to be calming down. Xx
Pages: [1] 2