Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Generation gap  (Read 3722 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Generation gap
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 04:41:06 PM »

Haha, Dr whites , with a belt!
You've just brought back my memories of my mom, she used to wear those!
I'd forgotten all about them. 🙀
They were just horrid.
All she told me when I started my periods was that they'd happen every month, and you'd probably get stomach ache.😬
I pretty much sorted my own sanitary towels out, but I vaguely remember wearing those massive Dr Whites when I first started. 🤫😖😳
As for talking about it, NO, especially as I was the only girl, just a few whispers to my mom when I needed her...🤫

Tc

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 06:34:12 PM »

Family story bout the youngest child appearing at Xmas in a room full of people with the hammock pad looped around his ears!!
Also remember a friends little dog pulling a Tampa out of her bag, opening it and running round the room holding it by the string in front of her dad!!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »

:o  :rofl:

puddlesmum

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 08:21:17 PM »

My Mum was pretty laid back about all things period so had no issues talking to her about them. She even showed me how to put in a tampon. My Dad too was sympathetic when I was in pain with them. Never felt any problems chatting about anything like that to be fair. Mum would walk around the house naked in the summer of the late 70s so I was never embarrassed about things. Would even talk to her about my love life when I got with the present Mr Although might be something to do with her being an older mum and not talking about it with my sister? Who knows.

I do remember though being 7 and announcing to the dinner table that I had a hair growing in my armpit and my sister (who is 14 years older than me) being utterly disgusted with me for mentioning it and told me so. She always seemed to have utter contempt for me with regards to stuff like that.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 08:25:37 PM by puddlesmum »
Pages: 1 [2]