Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Menopause clinic  (Read 1324 times)

Tc

Menopause clinic
« on: January 06, 2019, 12:39:09 PM »

Hiya ladies.
Does anyone have any experience they would be happy to share about menopause clinics
I have realy realy had enough of being caught in the middle between GP and gynae 're opinions and knowledge of medication and who can prescribe what. Patient comes last.
Can the nhs meno clinics prescribe directly?
Thanks and best wishes to allx

jgr

Re: Menopause clinic
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 02:10:17 PM »

Hi TC, i had good experience at the menopause clinic and they prescribed my HRT. My surgery are happy to refer me if needed and they have never questioned me having HRT. I do know a lot of GP's are reluctant to prescribe it but the clinic can. I am post meno age 60 and have been on HRT for 8 years. I am lucky enough to be in Dumfriesshire so the clinic i have attended is Dr Curries one. Why is it still a problem with getting the correct advice about this, so many people still suffering when they don't need to.

Tc

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 02:57:04 PM »

Thanks jgr.
What a lovely part of the UK you live in.
I am gonna ask to be referred. I don't know of any local to me in Essex. But I know there is one at the Chelsea and Westminster.
I've been waiting 3 weeks now for meds while docs have been WRITING to each other. Both said they cannot talk to each other on the phone. Email? Well that seems to be a huge problem too.
I'm surprised they are not using carrier pidgeons. Although that might be quicker :)

allie007

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 04:07:28 PM »

I was referred by my GP and had my appointment over 6 weeks ago. Very rushed, no bloods taken, Dr scribbled a few things down .Supposed to write to me about what happens next and Ive heard nothing. I have rung them but was informed the secretary was off till 3rd Jan and would ring me. No phonecall.

Tc

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »

What's with the letter writing?
I just don't get it 
I signed a rental agreement on docu sign.
Plenty of serious legal stuff can be done online and tracked including data protection.
Why are they still writing letters?

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »

Get a referral to the Chelsea & Westminster if you can. They will dispense your first prescription at the pharmacy there, and they will send a letter to your GP with a copy to you. If you need another prescription before the letter arrives, take the box to your GP so that they can see what the hospital has prescribed, and hopefully add it to your repeats. This is what I do and it has worked so far.

JP x

Tc

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 06:57:32 PM »

Thanks JP. Will do. I think I'm gonna try for C&W.xx

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 07:21:18 PM »

Thanks JP. Will do. I think I'm gonna try for C&W.xx
I have an appointment in early April at the Whittington in Archway. Earliest time offered. The hospital pharmacy should be able to give the first prescription but I found out that the Whittington isn't authorised to supply Vagifem (after my previous gynae appt.)

Tc

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 08:40:55 PM »

Thanks katejo. Although it's a long wait I hope you get some good resultsxxxx

Tc

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 08:44:49 PM »

Allie007 I hope its sorted for you soon  I have had to make phone calls too  it's ridic
We shouldn't be in the middle of all this crap between docs.