Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: New member JillM- help  (Read 23264 times)

Ladybt28

Re: New member JillM- help
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2019, 12:31:57 AM »

Urgh - GP's go poking about and testing stuff without a bye your leave and never saying what the hell is going on!!  They all need retraining on a regular basis and to practice their "patient conversations".  (I'm not a big fan in case you hadnt gathered!! :-X)
I had copper coils and they were changed regularly, every 5 years I think - 14 years is a bit much though Jillm - no wonder it hurt!

The fact that they want a telephone appointment which is "non-urgent" means I dont think there is anything for you to worry about and you are right to convince yourself it's not serious - yes they would have called you if it was.

You ramble on - all this stuff is so much better out of our heads than going round and round like a washing machine. I cant say anything to make it go away or the findings to be told to you any sooner but worrying wont make you feel any better.  Try and think some nice thoughts...when I am scared or worried (like when I have to go to the dentist) I build icecream cones in my head...hahha..sounds daft but I am imagining all the different colours and flavours and all the different cone "receipes" I can make up...heaven knows why... it is just my default "scared" thing!!! ;D ???

Annierus3

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »

Oh bless you. Isn't it awful. I hope you are ok, and, although I don't listen to my own advice, I m sure you will be fine - but keep us posted. I can do sympathize- here you go again on the rollercoaster of emotion, swinging between being able to hold it together and then thinking that ‘this is it'!!
Do let us know. I'll be thinking about you this week x x

Jillm

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2019, 03:24:16 PM »

Hello, well GP called, nothing to worry about, The test shows I have the very common Strep B which will not harm me, but could any baby being born normally. Had to laugh that would be a miracle😂🤣
Just as well both my babies, one almost 23 & the other almost 17were born by section.
The only other thing is my cholesterol is 5.6. Said I would try to reduce this by diet and increase in excercise, will check again in 3 months.
GP not concerned, but my family history of Cardio  vascular disease is not great, big plus in my favour,don't
smoke, never have, never will.
Decided against the Indian takeaway for tonight, my amazing daughter is cooking curry instead.
Hope everyone is well, lovely sunny day here in Edinburgh, should be our soaking in some vitD, but decorating daughters bedroom, house is a disaster zone, I'll try not stress(I hate mess)

jaypo

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2019, 04:19:37 PM »

That's good news jillm,you can enjoy your weekend now😊 my cholesterol was about the same as yours,only slightly high,next time I got tested it was normal and I hadn't changed anything,I eat fairly healthily anyway,only different thing I did was buy that benecol marg.
Are you from Edinburgh? I'm originally Aberdeen,many a great weekend in Edinburgh 🤪
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:50:35 PM by jaypo »

Jillm

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2019, 04:57:36 PM »

Yup born and bred. It is a really special place. Went for a walk round the Old Town recently, it really is stunning, just don't appreciate what's on my door step. I should stop & look around me more often.
Only been to Aberdeen once I think I was about 10, so can't really remember much.
I do feel a lot more relaxed now we'll health wise anyway(unusual but a good feeling) As for the mess, it's Freaking me out😱

jaypo

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2019, 06:54:50 PM »

I used to freak out over mess too but now?well,there are worse things in life,just close the door 😆
You're not missing much in Aberdeen,so don't worry, I live in Wiltshire now and Bath is very like Edinburgh,very historical and beautiful.princes street never did it for me,could be anywhere but the old part of Edinburgh where you find the quirky shops etc was fab,lots of happy memories

Jillm

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2019, 07:31:59 PM »

I agree on Princes Street, whole load of not to great shops, but turn round and the view of the gardens and castle is amazing.
My Dad worked in Littlewoods in Princes Street and over heard a tourist saying how great it was that they built the castle next to the shops. He always found that very amusing.
Just having a bath, washing off the paint, more on me than on the woodwork, I hate glossing. Still keeps me busy and keeps my mind off my buzzing legs and aching knees🦵

jaypo

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2019, 07:39:15 PM »

Haha,brilliant re the castle 😂🤣
Oh no no no, I don't like gloss either,put your feet up girl,have a glass of 🍷😊

Jillm

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2019, 07:51:36 PM »

Thinking a nice big pink G&T🍹. Closest I could find to a gin glass

jaypo

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2019, 07:57:32 PM »

😂mmmmmm lovely pink gin

warwick01

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2019, 08:08:21 AM »

Morning,

Just to add to this thread ;) I continue to suffer the symptoms you describe, strange head feelings along with tingling/buzzing in my legs. I am post meno now age 60. Using 2 pumps of oestrogel with 7 days Northiterone every 6 weeks. I have tried to reduce my HRT but symptoms get even worse esp the strange head dizzy feeling. If I didn't have the spacey head feeling I'm sure I could cope better. Sometimes I don't want to leave the house...…. it's no life >:( who ever told me the menopause was on only about hot flushes!! I left my job last year due to how bad I was feeling.

Take Care Wxx

Jillm

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2019, 09:15:35 PM »

Evening Warwick01
So sorry to hear you are suffering these horrible symptoms as well.
I am not on HRT other than vagifem. I have been taking vit D & magnesium supplement along with using a magnesium body butter. I am reluctant to say in case I jinx it, but the buzzing has improved so much in the last few days.
Head also improved recently other than I have been very dizzy, GP thinks it's a virus and prescribed a smashing wee tablet called prochlorperazine which stops the dizzy in it's tracks.
Not sure if it's meno or virus, I'm to go back in a couple of weeks, if it's not cleared up I'll discuss this as possible meno symptom.
Hope you feel better soon👍

jaypo

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2019, 09:24:33 PM »

I used to be on prochlorperazine,it's other name is stemitil,if your dizziness is really bad you can take 2 three times a day,also stugeron is brilliant for dizziness & it's cheaper than a prescription 😏

Jillm

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2019, 10:32:57 PM »

Hi Jaypo,
Thanks for the helpful info. I live in Scotland and in the very lucky position that our prescriptions are free.
Dizzy feeling is not as bad and I am trying only one tablet a day this week. Had a couple on woozy moments today, but better than last week😃👍

jaypo

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2019, 04:18:09 PM »

Ha,lucky you,I'm Scottish but moved to England,nearly £9 per item😡
Did the dr not tell you to take them 3 times a day?normally takes a while for them to work,when I was super dizzy that's what I was taking but it wasn't helping so dr said take double,which I did and dizziness went almost immediately.its the pits isn't it?only time I had to take time off my work
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7